Quantcast

Fat Tire Festival @ Blue Mtn. in Peekskill, NY

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
Come on out and join the Westchester Mountain Bike Association for the 11th Annual Fat Tire festival at Blue Mountain in Peekskill, NY on June 4th from 10am-5pm!! Blue Mountain is approx 1000 acres of killer singletrack and dirt roads. There will be group rides throughout the day for riders of all ages and skill levels. There will be games and tons of give aways including bikes and swag. Tons of local bike shops will be set up with demos as well as manufacturer trucks with demos.

Music, Food, Bikes and prizes!! Check out www.wmba.org for more info and directions (car and train!).

Tom

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
Here’s the update for this year’s Festival. Of our eight bike shops sponsors five have confirmed that they will be at the Festival. Yorktown, Briarcliff, Danny’s, Hickory & Tweed and Tarrytown will all be on hand to promote their brands and work demos for the crowd. Julio’s, Down & Sierra can’t make it due to business reasons (very busy time of year).

Demos will be more plentiful this year than ever. Cannondale, Specialized and Jamis will all have their factory demo vehicles at the festival. In addition, Hickory & Tweed will be demoing their new brand, BMC. Fuji is a new line for Yorktown, and a sponsor of the event so I’m sure there will be Fuji demos. Danny’s will be bringing plenty of Trek demos and Tarrytown will have Kona demos. We’re pumped for our new sponsor Briarcliff Bikeworks. Lou will be bringing all sorts of demos from the high end brands that he sells including Ellsworth (yes, the Epiphany), Seven, Santa Cruz and Intense.

Hickory and Tweed has donated a C’dale Rush to give away in the poker rally. Briarcliff has donated a Klein Palomino frame (Maverick design) and Sierra has donated a Santa Cruz Chameleon frame to be raffled off. Yorktown has worked with Fuji to donate a hardtail and Down is also close to confirming an IronHorse bike for the raffle. Damn that’s a lot of bikes. Tons of other prizes donated by our sponsors, including an iPod Nano donated by Corporate Wellness, will be up for raffle as well.

The Red Bull girls will be there!!!

The band Callous will be there again this year as well as a return outing for the funkadelic sounds of our own DJ Tommy Church.

Mr. Softee has promised a longer stay this year and we’ve been putting the heat on the food guy to improve the quality of our food service this year.

We’re are now working on the schedules for group rides and the events which should be pretty similar to last year. In case you are not aware...WE ALWAYS NEED MORE VOLUNTEERS TO LEAD RIDES AT ALL LEVELS. If you’re at all inclined please, please volunteer for this. The more riders we can put out on the trails the better. We need two volunteers for each group, a leader and a sweeper so even if its to sweep a beginner ride, we can use your help. You don’t even need to know the trails to sweep.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Dang man, that sounds like all kinds of fun, you need to change the weekend so I can go! Seriously though, if I were in town I'd be there in a heart beat...Enjoy...

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Doesn't look like I'll be joining you guys. Its time for an international family reunion as my sibs are coming home from Taiwan and the UK.

Have good time and take lotsa pictures!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Looks like Rob and I will be stopping by (hopefully with Stosh and Aubrey in tow). What time does most of the action/rides happen?
Wait, we're gonna get some action?

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
Admission is Free and you will see where to park once you get into the park.

Stosh, I am not really DJing...to busy working but my friends are DJing rock/punk/metal and such.

First group ride is 11am, Poker rally ride is at 1pm (shorter than the other rides) and the final and probably longest group ride is at 3pm. There will be a TON of prizes including at least a Cannondale Rush for the poker run!!

Tom

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Tom Church said:
Poker rally ride is at 1pm (shorter than the other rides) and the final and probably longest group ride is at 3pm. There will be a TON of prizes including at least a Cannondale Rush for the poker run!!
Whats it cost to do the poker rally? I could use a new dually...

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
dogwonder said:
Any reports from the field? How was the festival?

Did you go? There was a good turnout in the end. I scored a ride out with a friend out from NYC (I can take Metro-North too) and he hurt his knee pretty badly. That sucked. I think he was the only casualty of the day.

I was going to do the Poker Run, but it was $25 for the base model Rush and not really worth it in my mind.

Conditions were greasy and slick and there was no traction on roots and downed wood.

I love Blue.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Who was the monkey there hanging out and helping out the band? I saw the RM sticker on the back of a Nissan Xterra.
I'm pretty sure that's Tom Church.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Tame Ape said:
Did you go? There was a good turnout in the end. I scored a ride out with a friend out from NYC (I can take Metro-North too) and he hurt his knee pretty badly. That sucked. I think he was the only casualty of the day.

I was going to do the Poker Run, but it was $25 for the base model Rush and not really worth it in my mind.

Conditions were greasy and slick and there was no traction on roots and downed wood.

I love Blue.
I would have liked to have gone but was in Burlington...don't worry, the weather sucked there too.

Sorry to hear about the casualty...what's the prognosis? I've had both my ACL's reconstructed so I'm familiar with bad knee injuries.

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
FTF was great this year. Loved the weather- constantly threatening, but never raining, and nice and cool. Turnout was a little low because of the threat of rain, but there was still a good crowd, and the vibe couldn't have been better. Trails were a little greasy, but the only really bad spots were the carriage roads.

If you saw Tom's Xterra, I'm sure you saw our table in front of it...

JB