Quantcast

***Fathers Day GMT***

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Torrential rain last night = no ride today. Mostly because we're all hung over. And all our stuff was left out in the rain.

Got to drive my buddy's Model S yesterday. Holy shit. Acceleration is ridiculous, and it's so smooth too, its easy to loose track of how fast you're going. Wow.

Happy father's day to all the fathers.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Happy dad's day to all you guys. Hopefully you get to do something fun.

For myself today, I went to bed last night planning to sleep in this morning. I woke up at 7:30 to take a dump and saw that it was pissing rain. Hit the shed and went back to sleep until 10. Woke up to more rain and decided to just head to the trail head anyways. Now I'm sitting in the sun :). Going to be a wet but fun ride..

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
At the beach with family and friends. Prolly go shred some sand trails later--gotta milk the Dad status today. Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
A dude who looked a lot like @stoney but who was in an Altima with a rigid carbon Trek offered me a beer as I was packing up in the White Ranch parking lot. I think he was propositioning me. I declined.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
happy dads day to crabjoe stoney jonkranky toshi squeeb wingnut johne silver narlus kidwoo(?) jstuhlman drb loco slyfink and anyone else off the top of my head i can't think of...

EDIT: that hippie SS too.....and jimmydean

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hot. Humid. Rain coming.
Humid doesn't even begin to describe this afternoon.

The sun was a lie, sort of. The ride today started off in sweat dripping humidity, but there was an abundance of hero dirt so it was okay. Then, at the furthest spot from the car, it rained like a tsunami. Could not even see the trail. I heard three tree fall and was getting worried. Some trails turned into flowing streams. Then, the sun came out just in time for a beer and shed break. I might have taken a nap beside a pond in the sun.

Glorious day.

Sorry, picture spamming from the potato phone....

First time I've seen one of these in a long time.

http://i.imgur.com/wm5aw9U.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pSna2Bc.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Headed east for some sunshine a hero-dust. Solid 5000ft day. Got held up on a descent by a bunch of moto knuckleheads. Was able to pass after one of them jimmydeaned their bike into a ravine. Helped drag it out, mah back is going to hurt.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
To all those who have reproduced, hope ya'll have had a great day.

Not much to report here other than helping Dad with some stuff around the house. Fortunately or unfortunately as it only postpones it, I couldn't get his pressure washer started. Will have to take it to the shop for him.

Installed a new kitchen chandelier for my parents at Dad's request. He has severely impaired vision and can't see well enough to fix anything so he asked me to do this for Father's Day, mainly to get Mom off his back. Old married guys... :rofl:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Humid doesn't even begin to describe this afternoon.
Word. We hit Thunder today, it was in fog/mist/drizzle when we arrived, then it got very hot but the humidity stayed. Great riding was had but some of the trails were just crazy sketchy with all the rocks and roots greasy and slippery as fcuk. I'd do it again tomorrow if I could. :monkeydance:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Dug a big hole with a backhoe. Placed 22 pallets of cobble stone in hole on top of 80mm rubber membrane and pipes. 14 batches of concrete later we were done. Tomorrow we bobcat the earthen dam diverting the spring. 70x90 solar powered springfed hydroponic greenhouse will be next. Just need to figure out how to get the steel, glass, and batteries up the hill. Gator cannot handle that

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Miss my pops, my daughter used to enjoy hassling me on this day, but that is still a sh!tshow. Sick all weekend, yay. Got to spend some time with Lil Man and the boy, that was good.

Set up the little tent in the back yard since I didn't want to go camping sick. He loves it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Dug a big hole with a backhoe. Placed 22 pallets of cobble stone in hole on top of 80mm rubber membrane and pipes. 14 batches of concrete later we were done. Tomorrow we bobcat the earthen dam diverting the spring. 70x90 solar powered springfed hydroponic greenhouse will be next. Just need to figure out how to get the steel, glass, and batteries up the hill. Gator cannot handle that

I assume this is all a cover operation for burying Canadian Mafia victim's bodies?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Use backhoe to haul things?