Quantcast

Favorite Beer and Why?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I have many favorites.

Porter: Deschutes Brewery Black Butte Porter, just because it is so damn tasty. It is hearty like Guiness but with a fuller sweeter flavor. MacTarnahan's Black Watch Cream Porter was also good when they were making it.

IPA: Bridgeport IPA is another fantastic beer, very bitter but at the same time very refreshing.

Hefeweizen: Widmer Hefeweizen is a good beer when you want to have a few on a warm sunny afternoon with a little bit of lemon in a pint.

Ale: Arrogant Bastard Ale is great if you want to get messed up quick. The aftertaste is more like a porter than an ale though.

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
Bad Jokes aside -

In the summer a Hefeweizen or good old white trash american lite beer (Coors Lite = sex in a canoe: f^cking pretty close to water)

Otherwise Black Butte Porter or a seasonal from the microbrew pub.

Been on a bourbon kick lately so my beer consumption is lacking.

My taste are like Tenchiro's but lately i've been drinking Hemp Ale by Humboldt brewing co.

I like it not cuz the gimmicky marketing but b\c its dark and the taste flat out rips.

Think super smooth porter-stout kinda flavor...

True Hemp home brew has pulverized seeds or chopped weed leaves and-or bud so obviously these guys can't add the real thing.
:dancing:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Kick-Ass Brown. Local micro-brew from the Albany Pump Station (One of the best beers I have had)
Killian's (Smooth, and it's my normal everyday)
Shipyard (Very good. A small brewery in Portland, Maine)

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
I like the hoppy variety (free is good too):

Pales: Sierra Nevada, Mirror Pond (Deschutes), and Red Nectar

IPA: Bridgeport, Liberty Ale (Anchor Brewing)

Porter: Black Butte (Deschutes), Rogue makes a nice one as well

Stouts: Obsidean (Deschutes), Sierra Nevada, or Barney Flats Oatmeal (Anderson Valley)

Seasonal: Jubilale (sooooooo good) (Deschutes) and Sierra Nev. Celebration

What did I miss?

Mike

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
Originally posted by Meat Foot
I like the hoppy variety (free is good too):

Pales: Sierra Nevada, Mirror Pond (Deschutes), and Red Nectar

IPA: Bridgeport, Liberty Ale (Anchor Brewing)

Porter: Black Butte (Deschutes), Rogue makes a nice one as well

Stouts: Obsidean (Deschutes), Sierra Nevada, or Barney Flats Oatmeal (Anderson Valley)

Seasonal: Jubilale (sooooooo good) (Deschutes) and Sierra Nev. Celebration

What did I miss?

Mike

ya know, I read this without looking who posted and my thought was "this has got to be meatfoot" oh well- note to self- lern to read!

my tastes arent too much different- but dont forget to throw guinness, murphys and newcastle in there. yes, I love beer.

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Overall: Dos Equis Amber...it's like a little bottle of Heaven. Close second is probably Red Hook. What can I say, I'm a fan of ambers

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
A few of mine:

Lost Coast Indica Pale Ale
North Coast Old Rasputin Imperial Stout
Stone Pale Ale
Schneider Aventinus
Anything from Bear Republic

And my personal favorite (expensive, really hard to find, heaven in a bottle)
Westvleteren Abt 12

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i had an oatmeal breakfast stout in ann arbor that was made with coffee. it is now officially my favorite beer.

my favortie that i can get in the store is rogue chocolate stout. coming in second is younge's double chocolate stout.
i love stouts, and i love chocolate.

mmmmmmmmm i love beer.:drool:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by laura
i had an oatmeal breakfast stout in ann arbor that was made with coffee. it is now officially my favorite beer.

my favortie that i can get in the store is rogue chocolate stout. coming in second is younge's double chocolate stout.
i love stouts, and i love chocolate.

mmmmmmmmm i love beer.:drool:
Is Rogue chocolate all year? I can't find it that often.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by Silver
Is Rogue chocolate all year? I can't find it that often.

i cant find it ever.

i actually tried it this weekend for the first time. this beer store in ann arbor had a ton of beer i had never seen and they had that along with about 10 different other rogue brews i had never seen. i ended up stopping every night i was in town and picking up some. i dont know if its year round or not. i usually just drink rogue's mocha porter. i like the chocolate stout so much better though.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by Silver
I'm guessing it's a winter seasonal.

Have you tried the Shakespeare Stout? Very tasty as well...

i havent tried it. i have seen it around though. i'll give it a try.

SpuTTer916

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
The OV
If I had to go top 3... hrm...

1) Newcastle
2) Downtown Brown
3) Many others that I like (Pacifico, Bass, Harps, Dos Equis, hell, even Bud Light from tap <shh, dont tell anyone>)

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Probably my favorite all-around is Newcastle. Low carbonation, strong enough taste to give you something to work with, mild enough to drink any time. The low/no carbonation is the best part for me, I think. Easier to drink and feels better and smoother on the way down.

For normal (lower cost, easier to find) beer, I don't know why, but I really love Labatt Blue. That or Labatt Canadian Ale. Pretty inexpensive, good taste. I don't know, I just find it more drinkable than other beers of the same cost and type.

Also enjoy: Magic Hat 9, Bass, Long Trail stuff, Molson (why not?), Moosehead, Yeungling and probably a bunch more I cannot think of.

Stuff I don't really like: Sam Adams. Have had regular and light. Both came across as bitter and fairly undrinkable for me. Actually, that's the only beer I've had that I really disliked. Dos Equis was simply "okay" to me, probably comes in at second worst but not bad in my book.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
which ever one is in front of me. I like them all...mostly. (for different reasons)

right now it is this tasty ale that Laura snagged for me ( :love: ).