Quantcast

Favorite munchies?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
OK monkies, you've just blazed up and you got a hankering for a snack what do you go for?

Me? Cheez It's Freaking love 'em. The spicy hot are particularly good ;)

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
I eat a sh!t load of dried mangoes:D....D
That pretty much goes without saying...

...I simply cannot stand dried fruit - I have to do something with them, first.

Just the consistency, I suppose.

I don't snack much, but when I'm interested in snacking and we have fresh sourdough bread, then I tear it up into big pieces, get out the raspberry balsamic vinegar, some Italian seasoning and some EVOO and lightly mix it on a small plate.

Swipe and nosh!

Goodlyness!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Popcorn. Buttered or plain with salt and pepper. Doesn't matter to me. Fresh made on the stove too. None of this microwave crap for me. I even make suicide popcorn with hot pepper sauce on it.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
chips and salsa. but lately we've only had that ****ty chichi's salsa which i refuse to eat. and when we have the ingredients i'll make some guacamole which i just love so much. it's also the only food that i can prepare without directions.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
chips and salsa. but lately we've only had that ****ty chichi's salsa which i refuse to eat. and when we have the ingredients i'll make some guacamole which i just love so much. it's also the only food that i can prepare without directions.
That's because Guacamole is 'Soul Food' - that's where it comes from, bro.

One interesting mix for salsa and chips that I really crave is with a side bowl of 'crema' or 'pressed sour cream'.

You can use regular sour cream, too [and I usually do] but to 'dry it out' a bit is to make 'crema' - you basically fill a multi-layered pouch of cheesecloth with sour cream and squeeze the water out.

then, you take a chip, swipe some of the crema onto it, then dip the salsa.

"damn good grub," as a homie i used to work with told me once.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
...I simply cannot stand dried fruit - I have to do something with them, first.

Just the consistency, I suppose.
I don't like most dried fruit, but if you get higher quality stuff with less sugar and better quality fruit some of it can be decent.

Freeze dried fruit on the other hand its great - I really like those various cereals they've been selling the past few years with the freeze dried fruit.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
One interesting mix for salsa and chips that I really crave is with a side bowl of 'crema' or 'pressed sour cream'.

You can use regular sour cream, too [and I usually do] but to 'dry it out' a bit is to make 'crema' - you basically fill a multi-layered pouch of cheesecloth with sour cream and squeeze the water out.

then, you take a chip, swipe some of the crema onto it, then dip the salsa.

"damn good grub," as a homie i used to work with told me once.
i'll have to try that sometime.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I'm all about popcorn, not that nasty microwave crap though.

Me and the GF made some homemade potato chips that rocked hardcore. We also made homemade tortilla chips, that was awesome.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I'll scarf pretty much any salty snack when conditions are right...but not too long ago I picked up some truffle salt. Now I'm all about popcorn (air popped) with butter, a little sage, and truffle salt. It's off the ridiculator.