Quantcast

FB Madness Thursday GMT

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I have to run a big campaign on facebook and jesus using their marketing panel really shows how shit the portal is - Take 3 days to review 5 ads despite claiming it only takes 24h and then reject them bcs "there is weed in it" (Movie trailer, not a weed ad). At the same time I reported some stupid little nazi account where they guy did typical nazi shit while wearing an SS shirt - took them 15mins to respond and it "does not violate their standards".

Well at least I don't need coffee today and the weather is good. As long as I don't fall some sand pit on my road bike like yesterday the day will be good after I leave the office at 3pm.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The world is stupid.

We have major road work going on further up the street. The street is closed and there are several signs telling drives its closed. Yet people ignore the signs. Then we they get to the full blocking of the road they drive up on the side walk to get around it to further head into the to closed road. When I confront some of them they come up with super lame excuses why they need to break the law and endanger people.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The world is stupid.

We have major road work going on further up the street. The street is closed and there are several signs telling drives its closed. Yet people ignore the signs. Then we they get to the full blocking of the road they drive up on the side walk to get around it to further head into the to closed road. When I confront some of them they come up with super lame excuses why they need to break the law and endanger people.
We have similar problems here but people are even more motivated. Exhibit a:

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Left the truck at work last night so I could pedal home and back in this AM. The ride home was full of headwinds and legs that felt like they were made of wood. The ride in this AM was calm and serene. Now work.

@johnbryanpeters Are your local woods snow free yet? Most northern facing stuff here is still buried in some snow.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Why good morning! It's bi-weekly 'Oh that's why I come to work' day

What started out as replacing a step in the back yard last night turned into ripping all the stairs apart, the shit is so rotten it can't even hold a screw. Guess I'll be getting some new stringers and rebuilding the stairs, luckily it's only 3 steps worth. Yay home ownership!

Also looks like the wife will be suing the place that gave us the outrageous medical bill last summer so she can take them to small claims court. Even after pointing out that we were charged for services not performed and that their coding does not adhere to the AMA standards for billing, they still refuse to budge on the total amount. :mad:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. 4-day weekend coming up, but it's in Texas, so... 8 hours until the weekend.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Tomorrow I leave for Mojab, four days riding and camping in the new camper. Birthday is Sunday, Porcupine Rim on tap.

Huge thanks to @Adventurous for helping me start sorting through the maze of wiring in the camper last night. It’s had 20 years of “customizations” so there’s some weird shit in there, wiring wise. Starting to consider a complete re-wire, but probably not before the end of camping season.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Tomorrow I leave for Mojab, four days riding and camping in the new camper. Birthday is Sunday, Porcupine Rim on tap.
We're eyeing up the weather and wondering if it will be a whiteout on Vail Pass tomorrow morning... :/

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Here. 4-day weekend coming up, but it's in Texas, so...

We're eyeing up the weather and wondering if it will be a whiteout on Vail Pass tomorrow morning... :/
Looks *very* posibru. My wife is leaving for Moab around 2pm... I anticipate she's gon' be stuck in traffic for a few hours trying to get there. :disgust1:

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Huge thanks to @Adventurous for helping me start sorting through the maze of wiring in the camper last night. It’s had 20 years of “customizations” so there’s some weird shit in there, wiring wise. Starting to consider a complete re-wire, but probably not before the end of camping season.
you can never have enough fire extinguishers for wiring customizations....

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Need to replace the seals in my rear shock it seems. Prolly easier to replace it since its a old cane creek air shock.
I pass a trailhead in Lefthand Canyon that has been pretty bumping lately.
Any of you Front range monkees ever ride up that way? If so, have any beta?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Need to replace the seals in my rear shock it seems. Prolly easier to replace it since its a old cane creek air shock.
Supposed to be some proper downhills up there I think if it's the old OHV trails that have been legitimized.

edit:
https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7025613/ride-like-a-moto

Left the truck at work last night so I could pedal home and back in this AM. The ride home was full of headwinds and legs that felt like they were made of wood. The ride in this AM was calm and serene. Now work.

@johnbryanpeters Are your local woods snow free yet? Most northern facing stuff here is still buried in some snow.
Snow free at low elevations, not so much up higher. No riding yet, surfaces are fragile and muddy.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
LHC is rumored to be REALLY nice and rowdy. Be prepared for pretty significant HaB from what I understand...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Leaving early. Going to surprise Haley by picking her up from school and taking her to the BMX track.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I love spicy Thai food yet don’t tolerate the spicy chicken sandwich at CFA. Go figure—different spices.

On that note, I just had late lunch of Thai medium drunken noodles after just shy of 20k at A-Basin. Bumps were icy so groomers it was.