Quantcast

FedEx delivery with snow? What's their policy?

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
So my frame is supposed to come today but checking the tracking it says

"Jan 7, 2005 5:51 AM At local FedEx facility BURLINGTON, WA"

We have a few inches of snow on the ground and we normally don't get this kind of weather, our apartment parking lot is like an ice rink. So what is FedEx's policy on delivering with weather conditions like this? Am I going to get shafted?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yep, SOL. my wife paid extra for expedited delivery for an xmas gift, and the snowstorm in the TN/OH area kiboshed the original delivery date. no refunds for weather, as far as i know.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
narlus said:
yep, SOL. my wife paid extra for expedited delivery for an xmas gift, and the snowstorm in the TN/OH area kiboshed the original delivery date. no refunds for weather, as far as i know.
That pisses me off... I understand fine, if its TERRIBLE out... BUT they are in the businesses of getting stuff to customers in a timely manner, I doubt they deliver it tomorrow if the roads clear up at all... because oh... its the weekend! I swear anytime I buy something and have it shipped I get screwed. It all started with the damn UPS strike years ago.... I waited WEEKS for my **** and absolutely NO refund...

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
What a load of horsesh!t.

"Severe weather in several parts of the United States last night has caused disruptions in FedEx Express operations and affected our ability to meet delivery commitments. Consistent with the provisions of the FedEx Service Guide, the FedEx Express money-back guarantees are not in effect FOR SHIPMENTS SCHEDULED FOR DELIVERY ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 7, 2005."

What severe conditions? I was just out in it, it is driveable. I am so sick of shipping companies. FEDEX KISS MY ASS:(

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Since when does FedEx only ship ground tues-sat? WTF? this is such a load of crap, asked about a refund and they told me to refer to their disclaimers about liabilities online that the weather is not something they will refund for. I understand yes... weather.. unsafe for drivers BUT when all other delivery services are able to deliver, why cant they? And they claim they attempted to deliver it on Saturday yet the online tracking (which is supposed to be updated by the minute) said that it was sitting at the facility up until 10pm last night then the two " out for delivery, delivery exceptions" appeared for Saturday morning (the day prior)

What a joke, now yes I will admit, I am making this out to be a bigger issue then it is but I know I will take my business elsewhere if given a choice. FedEx BLOWS.

J

JRB

UPS out sucks Fed Ex. Sorry about your frame, but those trucks do handle differently than your ride, I am sure. Bummer, but don't sweat the small stuff, dude. I get whacked about that crap and then regret it later.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
I know... I will be the first to admit I am blowin up about this, I just have waited for the darn frame to even get done with production for months, finally order it and get screwed. Oh well... hopefully it comes tomorrow and they don't puss out on me again.

RobAres

Chimp
Dec 16, 2020
That pisses me off... I understand fine, if its TERRIBLE out... BUT they are in the businesses of getting stuff to customers in a timely manner, I doubt they deliver it tomorrow if the roads clear up at all... because oh... its the weekend! I swear anytime I buy something and have it shipped I get screwed. It all started with the damn UPS strike years ago.... I waited WEEKS for my **** and absolutely NO refund...
You sound like a dick. You're Complaining that a delivery company which solely works by operating a vehicle gets delayed if the driving conditions are considered unsafe due to weather? Your frame isn’t worth somebodies life, and would you honestly want to work in 20 degrees during a snowstorm? nah.. you probably either work from home or sit in an office which is also where you probably complain on your phone from. Work for the company for a year then you can complain all day like a little girl.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
You sound like a dick. You're Complaining that a delivery company which solely works by operating a vehicle gets delayed if the driving conditions are considered unsafe due to weather? Your frame isn’t worth somebodies life, and would you honestly want to work in 20 degrees during a snowstorm? nah.. you probably either work from home or sit in an office which is also where you probably complain on your phone from. Work for the company for a year then you can complain all day like a little girl.
That was 15 years ago. Due to global warming its no longer an issue, thanks for the input though.

RobAres

Chimp
Dec 16, 2020
What a load of horsesh!t.

"Severe weather in several parts of the United States last night has caused disruptions in FedEx Express operations and affected our ability to meet delivery commitments. Consistent with the provisions of the FedEx Service Guide, the FedEx Express money-back guarantees are not in effect FOR SHIPMENTS SCHEDULED FOR DELIVERY ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 7, 2005."

What severe conditions? I was just out in it, it is driveable. I am so sick of shipping companies. FEDEX KISS MY ASS:(
Lmfao you driving in bad weather for 10 minutes is different from a driver driving a big ass wobbly truck in it for 8-12 hours a day and then having to enter and exit that truck all day carrying heavy packages to doors. People complain too much when they have no brains. Go work for that company and see what it’s like. You sound like a little bitch.

RobAres

Chimp
Dec 16, 2020
That was 15 years ago. Due to global warming its no longer an issue, thanks for the input though.
So due to global warming nobody gets bad weather anymore? I’m currently about to deal with a severe snow storm in the next few hours which is why I looked up fedex hazardous driving conditions in order to find out if my nephew will have to work in it or not and come across this vagina complaining. I’m glad Mother Nature retired 15 years ago though. Thanks for letting me know. Lmfao.

Lmfao you driving in bad weather for 10 minutes is different from a driver driving a big ass wobbly truck in it for 8-12 hours a day and then having to enter and exit that truck all day carrying heavy packages to doors. People complain too much when they have no brains. Go work for that company and see what it’s like. You sound like a little bitch.
You have posted twice, both posts were abusive. I have recommended to the community of moderators that you be banned.

RobAres

Chimp
Dec 16, 2020
You have posted twice, both posts were abusive. I have recommended to the community of moderators that you be banned.
Bro I honestly don’t even ride bikes, but the fact that you reported me for being annoyed at somebody for wanting to put other people’s safety at risk and you reported me for that when you’re probably a grown adult.. that’s sad. You must be very fun to be around. Lol. Y’all are in a forum about bike riding. Which is done outside. Do you guys put yourselves in danger for your hobbies? I’m sure not often. So don’t want to put other people’s lives in danger. Adult up. Life gets much worse than me putting somebody in their place.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Bro I honestly don’t even ride bikes, but the fact that you reported me for being annoyed at somebody for wanting to put other people’s safety at risk and you reported me for that when you’re probably a grown adult.. that’s sad. You must be very fun to be around. Lol. Y’all are in a forum about bike riding. Which is done outside. Do you guys put yourselves in danger for your hobbies? I’m sure not often. So don’t want to put other people’s lives in danger. Adult up. Life gets much worse than me putting somebody in their place.
Oh you don't even know

RobAres

Chimp
Dec 16, 2020
oh wow, yea.
you SO don't belong here. :rofl:
Absolutely not. Lmao. I just wanted to call that guy a dick cause he’s a dick. And Now that I see grown adults quick to report eachother instead of ignoring it I Definitely don’t wanna be here lmao. Trust me. I won’t be on here long enough for them to have to ban me. It’s comical

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Absolutely not. Lmao. I just wanted to call that guy a dick cause he’s a dick. And Now that I see grown adults quick to report eachother instead of ignoring it I Definitely don’t wanna be here lmao. Trust me. I won’t be on here long enough for them to have to ban me. It’s comical
Yeah you really showed that person that hasn't logged in in 6 years when you replied to their post from 2005. Aggro bot or just supremely stupid?

RobAres

Chimp
Dec 16, 2020
Then why are you even posting on a site dedicated to riding bikes? Bumping a 15 year old post. Is your life really so sad?
Yes. It is. Im in a snow storm and my only joy is to make a bunch of grown adults cry and report me for saying slightly mean things. Lmao

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
LOL. If that were even kind of true your pathetic ass would already be gone.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
So the guy complaining that fedex isn’t telling their drivers to put their lives at risk for his stupid ass delivery isn’t a dick? Come on
a. professional drivers cheat death, it's in the manual.
b. IT WAS 15 FUCKING YEARS AGO, IDIOT.
c. I worked as a UPS driver when I was much younger, so I get to have an opinion.
4. :banned:

RobAres

Chimp
Dec 16, 2020
Yeah you really showed that person that hasn't logged in in 6 years when you replied to their post from 2005. Aggro bot or just supremely stupid?
How the hell is everybody and their mothers already replying to me. Do all of y’all just sit here and wait for an update? Wow. And IM the sad one?

RobAres

Chimp
Dec 16, 2020
a. professional drivers cheat death, it's in the manual.
b. IT WAS 15 FUCKING YEARS AGO, IDIOT.
c. I worked as a UPS driver when I was much younger, so I get to have an opinion.
4. :banned:
Lmao I hope you’re not older than 15 with that kiddy ass sensitive comment. But obviously I know you are so now I know you’re not the man in the relationship. Clearly everyone is replying to me so I must be keeping y’all entertained.