Quantcast

Feedback wanted - jacket for legs

Claudiu06

Chimp
Oct 7, 2016
Hi guys,

I was reading some of the topics on this forum and I think you are the right people to ask - cycling enthusiasts

Since people like you guys, that share the same hobby as us, may be potential users some day, we would really like some feedback from you for the product we developed - after all, think about the fact that you can influence a future brand product!

It's a jacket for legs meant to protect the user against rain. It's easy to use, just like any jacket, but for legs instead of upper body. We made a landing page and a short video to prove the point.

What is your general opinion on the product? Would you find it useful?

What would you improve?

Would you use such a product? If not, who would you recommend it to?

I know that this is my first post here, but we really appreciate your feedback and will help us a lot in launching our product.

http://www.legsjacket.com/

Thanks!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
What we use overwhelmingly up here in Alaska in the winter and shoulder seasons are Craft XC ski pants, with the wind-stopper paneling on the front side, and breathable portion on the backside. If it's not Crafts, it's something similar, but I have pictures of 20-40 riders all lined up wearing the same pants, it's comical. I can ride with just these to below zero, but not much less than, and up to about 50 degrees. They breath amazing and keep enough warmth in when you are riding in the cold. My only want is some sort of system to allow them to hook into the lake shoes, although the 302s that I have are probably the real issue, the cuff on them is just stupid. If there was some way to connect or zip the pants to the boots, that would be perfect.

When it gets colder than about -5 or -10F, I'll throw some nylon running pants over the xc ski pants, which makes an intermediate layer of trapped air that is warmer than outside, works well.

I'm generally not too concerned with rain, unless it's just pouring, but then you got bigger problems usually. Maybe more of a Pac NW thing though.

Edit: I'll add that for high intensity sports, like running and riding, usually any "waterproof" stuff just doesn't breath enough. Ok going downhill, but one you start working, they just don't move sweat, despite being 'breathable". It's more like "breathable at rest".

Last edited:

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Seems like a great product for cyclists who commute to work in all weather. Not having to remove shoes would be a nice feature I imagine.