Quantcast

Feelin retro

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
figgered as much. grew up a skate rat on aware/wide awake/various other cthc back in the day. but naming your bikes after bands? . . . you have to admit the "spooky supertouch" does sound a little sketch! most cthc band names of that era wouldn't really have worked for bikes. Maybe the Spooky 76% Uncertain . . . If you took it to RI you could have the Spooky Verbal Assault. Hit NY and you might have some good names. Back to other CT options: Spooky Trash American Style? Spooky Anthrax? Now yer talkin'!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
figgered as much. grew up a skate rat on aware/wide awake/various other cthc back in the day. but naming your bikes after bands? . . . you have to admit the "spooky supertouch" does sound a little sketch! most cthc band names of that era wouldn't really have worked for bikes. Maybe the Spooky 76% Uncertain . . . If you took it to RI you could have the Spooky Verbal Assault. Hit NY and you might have some good names. Back to other CT options: Spooky Trash American Style? Spooky Anthrax? Now yer talkin'!
Ah! I "grew up" going to the Anthrax in Norwalk. Know what you mean. Spooky "Zombie Squad"?

One thing's for sure: I wouldn't buy any bike named "76% Uncertain"! :D

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Smorgasbord bikes was started by Chris Daily, the dude who started Smorgasbord Fanzine/label.
When Chris left for college Jeff from UpFront took over the label.
I remember throwing Eventide e.p. cds and the Spirit re-issue into bike boxes when I was a kid. Good times.

bikefreak57

Chimp
Sep 28, 2012
speaking of slalom, i have a cheeta dual slalom frame that's still sitting in my garage. full built almost, needs a derailer i think, and some better brakes n tires.
Is your cheeta still around? would you want to sell it? I had one in 2004 which was stolen and always wanted to replace it. There isn't much built these days like the old DS bikes.