Quantcast

FILM4FOOD - Deadbeat Seller

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Ok, so I really hate for it to get to this point, but I am a little more than miffed at this point. So I picked up a Small Sunday complete from this guy for 2200 knowing well that he was the second owner of the bike but that the bike was in excellent pristene condition from the owner before. What was sold in the ad and what I got was a different story. The sunday I received looked like it had been hucked off onto mroe than a few times, although when I bought it I was told that it was taken to the LBS and the mechnic said everyhing was in good working order.

All the bearings were trashed (I mean all of them: pivots, BB, headset, hubs), fork looks for beaten to all hell, rims had holes in them from ghetto repaired, back axle was missing. When contacted to discuss all these things he backpeddles and says that he tried to fix up the bike but didn't have time, but the bike had minimal issues. Said he meant to send me the new rim for the back..go figure that was about a month ago and still nothing. This guy is a deadbeat seller and I would never buy anything from him again.

Just a shoutout to anyone else out there that might see anything he is selling. What you see and what you get are never the same with this guy.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Just curious, did you talk with the mechanic who inspected the bike? I like to know what shop it was so I can avoid that place too.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Sounds pretty scumbag to me.

I'd file a suit in truth bubba. Blatant misrepresentation is actionable.
So is mail fraud.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Don't know what shop it was. My guess is the shop never existed as the guy sent the bike and obv had no idea how to pack a bike. He didn't remove the deraileur hanger and he removed the shifter cable from the shifter instead of just taking the shifter off. The dude lives in Tahoe City CA, but I dont know the bike shops around there.

Still waiting for Fox to send the new bushings.

This sucks.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Like I have offered many times, I am willing to take some of my time and go give him a "talking to" from his old Uncle Dirt...

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I am really sorry you bought that bike. It was my old bike! Yup that kid is a true dead beat and scum bag. I thought he was cool and let him pay half upfront for the bike. It took many phone calls, excuses and eventually I went to his parents house for the money. I am not going to lie, I did thrash that bike for a season. That bike needed a full overhaul when i sold it to him. And i know he didn't do anything but make things worse. Sorry you got the blut end of the stick, tell my old bike I say hi.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Wow Stumpie, you got screwed.

Let me know when I a cleared for a trip to Tahoe.
I have some anger to work out, he seems like he needs some anger worked out on him.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Pink,

Would you mind sending me his personal info via PM. I never got a number and I would like to give him a call to get this problem fixed any way I can. Need be I have his address and a friend local enough to go pay him a visit, but I would rather it not get to that point. All I am asking him to do is provide what he priomised, and now that I know that he totally lied in the process I am a little more than pissed. End of story.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think for the next time, if you are buying an used bike, you pick the shop to inspect the bike. Don't take anyone's word for it.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Wouldn't really matter if the shop sucks...Film4Food is a scam artist, so I figure Im going to go the legal route. I have a lot of free time and nothing to do but waste his money.

Id be ashamed if I had the conscience that this dude has.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Just let me know when you want me to head up and pay a visit.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Things were finally resolved after many many emails. I still got the short end of things, but I guess its a learning experience. :poster_oops:

ocrider

Chimp
Jan 14, 2009
Wouldn't really matter if the shop sucks...Film4Food is a scam artist, so I figure Im going to go the legal route. I have a lot of free time and nothing to do but waste his money.

Id be ashamed if I had the conscience that this dude has.

Suggestion, file a small claims action against him at the small claims court closes to where you live.