Quantcast

Finally pulled the trigger!

soonershane

Chimp
Apr 29, 2006
Oklahoma
Well, after weeks of searching and researching I finally decided on the right bike for me and I couldn't be happier about it! I ended up going with the Trek 3700. Number one because I really liked the way it felt, two because the people at the shop were really knowledgable and helped me out a tremendous amount and three...well, it is red and looks cool!!! I know, I know, the last one was just for me. Actually it looks and feels like a pretty good bike and I am anxious to get it out now and put it through its' paces. Thanks for the advice from this forum! Time for me to go ride...well, go to bed, then I will ride tomorrow.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
soonershane said:
Number one because I really liked the way it felt, two because the people at the shop were really knowledgable and helped me out a tremendous amount and three...well, it is red and looks cool!!!
Sounds like you've got it all figured out - those are the reasons to pick one bike over another, and in the right order... good job! Now quit posting and go get that baby broken in!

soonershane

Chimp
Apr 29, 2006
Oklahoma
Update to my post before...
After being on the bike I decided to ask my LBS if it was maybe a little to big. (Not a lot of clearance and I do want to have a family!) They said that if it didn't "feel right" then it wasn't right and they would give me one with the smaller frame. Again, they are extremely cool. So, I take the bike back and they end up not having the same one, well, they did, but something on it didn't "feel right" to them and they showed me what the problem was. Not a big deal really, I would have probably never noticed it, but they would not let a bike go out of their shop like that. They told me that they could have a brand new one for me in 3-4 days and that I could take the one that had the little problem and ride it until mine came in. VERY COOL again! I then said that I had noticed a 4300 that was the right size and asked how much would it cost to just go ahead and upgrade to that model. They said that since my first one didn't work out that they would DEEPLY discount the 4300 if I really wanted to do that. I didn't realize that "deeply discount" meant that they would give it to me for what all the other stores were asking for the 3700! How do you pass that up!! So, I went from a red 3700 to the yellow and gray 4300 in less than 24 hours with free lifetime set-ups and the knowledge that my LBS kicks some butt!!! They also said that since I live out of town from where the bike shop is that if I ever needed anything to call them and let them know and they would ship it to me for free. To add to their coolness the guy let me stand in the back with him and watch everything that he was doing to both bikes and explained each thing! So, I am going out to ride now. Have a good one!!

soonershane

Chimp
Apr 29, 2006
Oklahoma
Hey, making new friends like that is always an awesome opportunity! You can bet that I will be going back there for everything! I was really excited about the new bike, but what was even better was the guy taking the time to show me how things worked. I thought that was really above and beyond.