Quantcast

Finished my sled for 2010

Racerx7734

Monkey
Mar 4, 2002
Hostile Sausage
So after riding V10's for a lonnnngg time, I switched last year to a new M6 with a ccdb...........didnt like the ride...... at all......... So I sold it and built up another V10 for 2010

Here she is.............daddy is stoked.....whatcha think?

WORD!!!

Last edited:

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Me likey. Very raceresque, everything matches to the max. Why did you get a new one if you have a v-10 (if I am right) sitting on the right?

Racerx7734

Monkey
Mar 4, 2002
Hostile Sausage
Thats (2) other V10's to the right, they were both my Daughters. The red one is her 09 race bike and the sand one is her 08 race bike.

She was nice enough to give the sand one to her little brother.....who is friggin jazzed.

FullMonty

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
very SRAM-y...

wouldn't want the king headset myself, but other than that it looks like the hotness.

Racerx7734

Monkey
Mar 4, 2002
Hostile Sausage
eh, why all the high end parts and a low end wheelset? other than that it looks great
One step at a time..........and to be honest....the wheels are great........bomb proof, they ride and look killer I think.

I may build up some Trailpimps or 729's or something.....you never know.......I gotta get the kid to all the races...........so she drains the cash outa me....quickly.

I'm actually super jazzed with this build and it rides like a dream.........I am also not ashamed to say that this is the first time I have all the bikes I wanted..and dont owe a dime on them........super happy about that :D

Photography was good to me this year.

ucsbMTBmember

Monkey
Nov 20, 2009
they must have improved the wheels since i last had them. i bought a set two years ago and was constantly breaking spokes and they were never properly tensioned. plus theyw ere heavy bastards

Racerx7734

Monkey
Mar 4, 2002
Hostile Sausage
they must have improved the wheels since i last had them. i bought a set two years ago and was constantly breaking spokes and they were never properly tensioned. plus theyw ere heavy bastards
Yeah......honestly.......I'm 240 and beat the crap out of those rims last season.....and they are perfect, and I usually destroy rims.....all the DT's I had were toast after a weekend at Northstar, the 729's laced to Hadleys were my favorite set so far..........but really, these Outlaws take a beating....

I dont race anymore, so I'm all about what lasts now... : )

Racerx7734

Monkey
Mar 4, 2002
Hostile Sausage
Just shorten the cables. Just out of curiosity why didnt you like the M6 compared to the v10? I have neither, but was just wondering.
The M6 was to low for my liking and the suspension IMO was more about skipping over things.the suspension never felt as plush as my V10. Now I'm back on the V10 and it feels like a trophy truck IMO, suspension cycles very smooth over everything and jumps better IMO.

I just never liked the ride of the M6 and to be honest I like the feel of my DHX5 over the CCDB any day of the week........I'm just not a big fan of the overhyped, overdamped/undersprung shocks out right now...

I like to plow through, over, and jump off nasty stuff and the M6 just doesn't feel as comfy in all those situations TO ME.....everyone likes different stuff.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
I talked to your daughter at spring thaw last year, and it didnt totally sound like it was all her choice to give the old v10 to the next in line. But thats a killer stable of bikes, and your kids rip. Sounds like you have about the perfect life if you have those bikes and dont owe anything on them.

Oh and sweet v10.

Racerx7734

Monkey
Mar 4, 2002
Hostile Sausage
I talked to your daughter at spring thaw last year, and it didnt totally sound like it was all her choice to give the old v10 to the next in line. But thats a killer stable of bikes, and your kids rip. Sounds like you have about the perfect life if you have those bikes and dont owe anything on them.

Oh and sweet v10.
Her sand V10 was a small, her Red V10 that she already had at Ashland is a medium.

It was all her choice to give the small V10 to her brother....If you knew my kids you know that they live to ride and when the time came for JD (my Son) to get a new bike, his choices were a Giant Glory or to ask Cierra for her old V10.......and well you know the rest..Cierra was very proud to offer her old bike to JD.

Thanks

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'm deducting 2 points for ruining that near perfect setup of tools, tables and shop stands with an unfinished patch of drywall. Devil's in the details. :clue:

Oh, and the bike's gorgeous. Reminds me of a college football team. Maybe it can be a mascot!

dest

Monkey
Aug 1, 2006
NYCity
very nice v10 i have a very similar set up i agree the v10 is by far a better ride than the M6. But that was my feel Im sure there are some that feel differently. Good color choice i wish mine was white i have the blue ano

The Azonic Outlaws are on the heavy side, but they do take a beating, and the price is good too! Most important thing is to check spoke tension with a tension meter before you run them - even if they are brand new... I'm assuming that the guy who kept breaking spokes didn't do this???? I noticed that the tension on the spokes were not consistent when I opened a pair out of the box... any wheel not tensioned properly will have problems...

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Badass bike and shop. Looks like a bike i'd love to take a spin on.

I do agree that one read cable looks out of place, but who am I to judge, I'd gladly except that bike as a donation and I'd promptly ride the piss out of it :D:thumb:

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
I hate seing pics like this, it makes me feel like a failure :(
Very envious of your Garage!