Quantcast

Fipps and chips.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Warm some peanut or vegetable oil in a dutch oven medium at 350f. Add 3 or 4 Cod, Trout, or Perch fillets. Soak in milk beforehand. Combine flour,salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Slowly pour in beer, whisking constantly until smooth with a few lumps. Dip fish in batter, allow excess to drip back into bowl and drop directly into the hot oil.
In anther pot heat some more vegetable oil. Chop some tators, I prefer skin on, salt and pepper and cover them in the hot oil... fry them up for 22 minutes or until brown. salt and pepper them and drain them in newspaper or craft paper. Cook some frozen peas. Finish then in butter and mash them smooth add a dab of bacon grease for taste. Mushy peas... Serve with Tartar sauce and lemon...

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Had some pretty good haddock today. It was breaded and broiled like shake and bake. Served with a spicy tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese and rigatoni and peas in more tomato sauce. $11. Lots of crusty bread and oil to go with the sauce. They gave us a big huge bowl of extra sauce.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I was invited to put my money where my mouth is. I thought Beer Battering would be a simple process. It turns out it is quite a difficult process and I suck at it. Nobody liked my Coleslaw either.... Perch is much better then Haddock anyway,