Quantcast

First day on DH - Thanx Crashing_sux

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Just wanted to say Whistler mountain does kick more ass than I thought. I had tonnes of fun and progressed more in 1 days then I did in two years (I know its all relative) I really appreciate Crashing_sux helping me get over a couple of unreasonable fears. I owe you one....

If was my first time doing lift assisted. So the mountain itself is new to me :)

I did find out a couple of things...bikes can do a lot more than I imagined and man am I slow. ;) Even had a couple of good wipeouts.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Roasted said:
Just wanted to say Whistler mountain does kick more ass than I thought. I had tonnes of fun and progressed more in 1 days then I did in two years (I know its all relative) I really appreciate Crashing_sux helping me get over a couple of unreasonable fears. I owe you one....

If was my first time doing lift assisted. So the mountain itself is new to me :)

I did find out a couple of things...bikes can do a lot more than I imagined and man am I slow. ;) Even had a couple of good wipeouts.
Awesome - add some more of your thoughts when you have time.

I went lift assisted riding for the first time this year too - and the DH bug has bitten me hard - and I'm stoked about it. :devil: :)

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Didn't have the bike for it. I only got the bike last fall and for many reasons didn't make it up earlier than today. So yes...it is dumb :D

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I think I need to do a-line first :)

I think tommorow I am gonna hit up the drop park and practice my turning a bit. One thing I will definately give the mountain. It exposed a lot of weaknesses.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
crashing_sux,

How much lift assist is there around the Vancouver and Vancouver Island area? Also, what are you guys into? Going as fast and as low as humanly possible or just going big with drops...etc.

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
I live in Whistler and don't make it down to Van much but as far as I know there isn't any lift assisted riding in Van, but there is a lot that can be shuttled.

Af for riding I like it all, I'm really working on going bigger this year and also on cornering as fast as possible. The speed is more just technique I want to master though, often I like to just flow with the trail and not worry about speed that much but once in a while I like to see just how fast I can complete a trail.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Vancouver islandI don't think there is any. And if there is it is stictly dudes in trucks charging like 10$ ;)...

Doesn't grouse have dh. I don't know if it is public though...nope, nm I think it is for the WC only.

There is a shuttle for the north shore as well but again it is some guy charging some money to drive you up fromme I believe. Pm Mocha if you need more details as she rides all over the area.

I know further north there are a couple of resorts with lift assisted.

I am just in the learning stages. But I tend to lik keeping my tires on the ground and riding roots rocks and now rockfaces, ironically enough. Getting in the air is going to be a mission for me.

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
Mt Washington on the island has lift service at least it did two years ago when I was out there, pretty nice trails but not as extensive or built up as Whistler.