Quantcast

first downhill race

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
goodtobeIrie said:
I rode in the Sky Tavern race that Amy was gonna race in...it was a blast!!!!!!! Everyone was super nice, friendly and positive...and the chicks that were there were super duper cool and helpful...they weren't intimidating at all and one of them just got their pro card and the other one is, I think, one podium away from getting hers as well...

it was my first race...and I give the peeps there two thumbs up!!!!!
It was fun, but I left after practice.
TOTALLY forgot that you couldn't get a 1 day expert NORBA license, so it would have been a really expensive price for a really short run. So I went home, saved myself a bunch of money, and went for a big long trail ride.

Loose course, huh? I was slip sliding around in practice.

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
amydalayna said:
It was fun, but I left after practice.
TOTALLY forgot that you couldn't get a 1 day expert NORBA license, so it would have been a really expensive price for a really short run. So I went home, saved myself a bunch of money, and went for a big long trail ride.

Loose course, huh? I was slip sliding around in practice.
I looked for you, but never saw anyone that resembled your pics...your moved up to expert huh?? nice job...mighta been worth the $50 license to qualify for expert nationals next year though...but you probably made the right choice...

hope the trail ride was fun!!!

and yeah...I never ride on trails that are made of sand...it was different...

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
i don't know what i'm thinking of racing.... this is my second season of racing so i thought finishing it off as expert would be fun and interesting. and if it was too hard and i got rocked then i would know my place is sport. I dunno.

I only saw 2 other girls when I was out there Saturday. Sierra (the little girl) and a chick wearing a Commencal jersey. Were you wearing the Commencal jersey?

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
nope...I was wearing a Bibby jersey...otherwise fox shorts, turqoise tank top and full arm sleeve...

that girl Sierra was cool...she races all over the place...she ate it hard at the very bottom of the run after you come out of the trees and it's almost flat...I don't know what happened, but she hit something and went flying over the bars and flew a few feet...she got up and hit a hard sprint the other 20 feet to the finish...wish I had my camera then...she was laughing at the finish and couldn't believe she wrecked...she's funny...

I ate it on my race run at the bottom where it was easy to catch you handlebars between the two trees...never hit 'em in practice though, of course...it was good times...