Quantcast

First ever post in the Roadie forum...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Click!

I know, I know, everyone who hangs out in here has already seen that thread in the Lounge, but I'm a post whore and I needed to at least stick my nose in this forum once...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
LordOpie said:
BV, now you have to got for a ride and post about it.
Got back from a good ride about an hour ago on it. No spandex, I'm afraid, but my baggy shorts and sneakers suited me just fine.

It's unbelievable how fast you can go on the skinny tires with big gearing. Woah. And did someone say twitchy?? I was a little bit frightened when I was coming down one of the larger hills, keeping pace with the cars (read: much faster than I could actually control), and realizing that a touch in either direction would probably send me OTB.

I did about an 18 mile loop that has some decent sized hills without getting into areas of heavy traffic. Still learning how to deal with the nervous, instant responsiveness and decided it would be better if I didn't swerve into the oncoming cars. Turns out I'm out of shape (well, I knew that). I was soaked in sweat when I arrived back on my doorstep but it's a lot more fun than I've ever had on the roads before. Pretty amazing the difference between a good, quick road bike and a commuter.

I told one of the roadies at work that I joined the dark side and he has vowed to make me a dedicated, leg shaving, gram counting roadie within a year. I don't know about that, but I'll definitly be having a blast on this bike for some time to come!