Quantcast

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
OK, I like those paint jobs. And that's a nice testimonial!
those graphics are pretty clean. The review wasn't bad either. Pretty gratifying, actually.

There will be a few more popping up here and there as people are getting their frames built up. I have a few complete builds shipping soon as well.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Best paint and sticker combo to date! Looks like a proper bike now. Glad folks are stoked.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Best paint and sticker combo to date! Looks like a proper bike now. Glad folks are stoked.
it has been fun letting customers kinda do what they want. Like this Hammered Lizard with red rockers.Nice DVO/Trail Pillar build. Size S, 170 mm fr/160 mm rr. 64 deg HT, 410 reach, 428 CS
As long as he's happy. which, by his review (posted below pic), seems to be. again posted in empty beer. why don't people come and post here???? This is kind of a lite review, but I'll take it.

eds lizard s.jpg

Best bike I have ever ridden, and I've raced and ridden a lot.

..no I don't have live video or anything like that. I ride, I hate stopping, and don't do social media. pics are just the bike without me on it.

The bike itself.

a) well made. Brian makes a bike like a major manufacturer would.

b) road ride test.
bike is fine, no handed riding and cornering, this this is 100% aligned
and balanced (I did 5 miles road)

c) eats bumps. oh hell yes, it is plush

d) does it do what the armchair quarterbacks running the linkage program say, will it eat all the suspension on the smallest stuff ? umm, no, it doesn't come close. Those folks who have written 'well linkage shows it does this' are pretty numb. I set 30% sag and went out and oh man I was sure that, because it's so plush, this things is gonna find bottom. nope, I would need to f**k up royally to make this thing bottom. that shock pocket is deep and the can of the DVO can go right down in there if it needed.

e) now this is the best part.

it climbs like nothing else.

no bike can do what this thing does ....climb the craziest crappiest lines. and it is pretty slack and the front wheel is out in front of me..I thought it would be a dog on tight hairy singletrack switchbacks and...
nope, this thing is amazingly responsive. it cannot be described, you have to ride it up some crud then you'll know pretty quick this thing is the shiznat

you riding up the steeps, and pick your old lines ? too easy. I intentionally was seeking harder line, garbage lines, an stuff I would not attempt. this bike does not care, you are gonna climb it. Make a mistake, doesn't matter, this bike will climb. it does in fact do things no other FS bike can do...truly amazing . I rode up wet roots and leaves and pine needles and messed up my pick a few times (I started the ride hungry and tired) and it is simply a-maz-ing that thing thing just doesn't care and you have endless grip and efficiency and it eats crap that would make you dab on any other bike.

This is short review because I can only confirm what everyone else is saying.

It's all true.

This bike does what everyone says. no lies, Brian B. nailed it.

Attachments

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
it has been fun letting customers kinda do what they want. Like this Hammered Lizard with red rockers.Nice DVO/Trail Pillar build. Size S, 170 mm fr/160 mm rr. 64 deg HT, 410 reach, 428 CS
As long as he's happy. which, by his review (posted below pic), seems to be. again posted in empty beer. why don't people come and post here???? This is kind of a lite review, but I'll take it.

The bike itself.

I set 30% sag and went out and oh man I was sure that, because it's so plush, this things is gonna find bottom. .
To be fair, 30% isn't all that much, 33, 35 and 40% are more on the extreme side of things IME.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
To be fair, 30% isn't all that much, 33, 35 and 40% are more on the extreme side of things IME.
I call 30-33% the sweet spot, stretch it to 28-35%. I think if you have to sag thru 40% of your travel on setup, the suspension is way too progressive.

If you are trail riding without big jumps/drops, you can run 35+ % sag, but there doesn't seem to be any benefit. Just downsides.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Kickstarter backer no 6. Alex G airing it out in Deep Cove. Maddy Armstrong photo.

This is the best action shot to date.

he doesn't say much "I just point it and go"
alex gibb deep cove.jpg

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
that would cost us $40m", stood up and left.
Of course Ford wouldn't spend 40m to make their vehicles safer. POS Company. If i remember correctly, there was another item that they refused to spend $1 to make their vehicles safer back in the early 1900s.

have you ever ridden a road bike? They are HARSH
???
https://redshiftsports.com/shockstop-suspension-stem

Also, how much is a built bike? I want one the same shade of blue as on page 4 or Rootbeer!

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
wouldn't that be like $25 a car today?
Probably, But i got two different cars confused. In 1907 Ford refused to add front brakes to the Model A. The $1 part was for the Pinto to stop the fuel tank from rapturing in a rear end Collison. Then refusing to make the Bronco rollover issue. I am bias against Ford and i know other companies are guilty as well, but refusing to make a car safer is unforgivabru.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
What's the biggest tire you can fit in the Meltdown? 2.8?
Top is a 2.6 Rekon on 35 mm int width rim
Next is a 2.8 Rekon on 35 mm rim, a little tight
For comparison, left to right, 2.3 Minin DHR on 30 mm rim, 2.6 Rekon, 2.8 Rekon (all 27.5) and 2.3 X29 High Roller on 30 mm rim

The 29er dropouts will fit 27.5 x 3.2
2.6 rr tire.jpg
2.8 rr tire ss top.jpg
tire size comparo.jpg

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Of course Ford wouldn't spend 40m to make their vehicles safer. POS Company. If i remember correctly, there was another item that they refused to spend $1 to make their vehicles safer back in the early 1900s.

???
https://redshiftsports.com/shockstop-suspension-stem

Also, how much is a built bike? I want one the same shade of blue as on page 4 or Rootbeer!
My complete builds were running $3200-$7000

Shipping this sweet Redrum tomorrow. Full DVO, 170 fr, 160 rr. Full Eagle. I9 Trail Pillars, Magura Trail Sport.

This was a special kickstarter build that went out the door for oh-too little.
keos bike 3.jpg

keos bike 2.jpg

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
To be fair...and every other car company in the world. Bean counters run that shit. Or I would be more involved

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
I once played Robbie fucking Gordon in a home made cell phone video while I was drunk. I wonder what ever came of that anyway?
Hmmmm, my vision of that is that you held your foot to the floor and drove it (whatever) like you stole it while trash talking anyone within shouting distance (I love you robby)

He's also an awesome rider

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Probably, But i got two different cars confused. In 1907 Ford refused to add front brakes to the Model A. The $1 part was for the Pinto to stop the fuel tank from rapturing in a rear end Collison. Then refusing to make the Bronco rollover issue. I am bias against Ford and i know other companies are guilty as well, but refusing to make a car safer is unforgivabru.
I had a thermodynamics professor that worked on the Ford Le Mans and Indy car programs in the 60's. I was stoked. Then, he told me a story about Torinos or Fairlanes or something slipping into Reverse from Park. While on a hill. While owners are unloading groceries from the trunk. And getting run over.

he looked at it and came up with a revised pawl that fixed it. It was 27 cents per car. The bean counters said it would be cheaper to settle a few random lawsuits.

You think I can make this shit up??? GM and ignition switches, anyone????

WhaT, modern times?? Teslas exploding into battery infernos at the slightest impact? Send a software update that raises the ride height a little, that'll fix it

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
I did say others were guilty. Ford just from the start.
ya, I know. I was agreeing in a ranting fashion. It's been rampant forever. Hilarious stuff, too. Some Chevy motor mounts were breaking in the 60's, causing the engine to rise up and jam the throttle linkage wide open against the hood.

The fix? They put a chain on so when the motor mount broke the engine couldn't go up that far. Because why fix the motor mount. $$$$$

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Hmmmm, my vision of that is that you held your foot to the floor and drove it (whatever) like you stole it while trash talking anyone within shouting distance (I love you robby)

He's also an awesome rider
I'll have to see if my buddy still has it posted anywhere, but I was sitting in his long travel buggy, very inebriated, he was borat and interviewed me about the partially finished buggy and engine build. It's probably not even funny or worth watching.

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
[QUOTE="kickstand, post: 4237301, member: 36563" It's probably not even funny or worth watching.[/QUOTE]

you're selling me

Chimp
Nov 1, 2017
Are we ready to go down the "yo mamma so far" joke lane?
it is far easier to ignore

than respond to a troll post about the brake lever position, with another troll post...

but it is still easier than to explain, in excruciating detail, some better response to a random troll...such as the actual method to my madness

about how that picture was taken in the first 500 feet of the first shakedown ride, and this is my first time
with magura MT levers, and am testing basically an entirely new cockpit, and I like levers low to begin with

on a shakedown ride, that shakedown ride, I am testing a) stem lengths (have three stems in my camelbak
and one on the bike) b) lever reach at multiple angles c) they are in 'attack or whatever you wanna call it' rather than DH lever position
d) torque on the lever screws is 1.5nm allowing me to adjust angle mid-ride anyhow

and anything else about someone ragging on a simple picture and judging me and bike setup from the couch
like oh for someone who races and rides a lot I suck at picking frame size.

no, this bike fits.

anyhow...suck it up I am not here to troll or get rep I am a temporary visitor anyhow

Last edited: