Quantcast

first trials bike.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Heh, my first trials bike was a 96 GT timberline so this can't be any worse.
Seriously though the Ashton is a good choice, also check out Echo, Koxx and Adamant. Or even something like the Lenosky STP from Giant.
Go to this site, good people, awesome deals.

http://www.midwestbiketrials.com/store/index.php

I'm sure something will work out for you, all the best.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
For those looking for a first trials bike, your best bet is to check out the online trials forums (buy/sell sections). There are always folks upgrading or moving between stock and mod that are unloading completes at a good price.

Purchasing a new trials bike is not cheap, especially in the US as there are few options. The primary online retailers in the US are:

[B]www.webcyclery.com[/B]
[B]www.midwestbiketrials.com[/B]
[B]www.trialsin.com[/B]

Another option is to work with the bike that you have now and learn the basics, then decide whether it is worth it for you to make the jump to a trials-specific bike. Lots of people perform trials moves on XC, urban, street, or dirt-jump style hardtails.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
In the US, we need to see Norco get some distribution. They seem to have some cool stuff.

That Evolve complete looks like a damned nice option.

Meccanoman

Chimp
Nov 4, 2007
Dublin
Well my thougts on this are as follows. I bought a complete Onza T-Raptor LE, it came with Maggie HS33's and has been extremley reliable and light. I ride it hard in skateparks and urban. I would highly recommend it as a starter bike. I picked mine up second hand for 200Euro. A total bargain at that price. Cheers Glenn