Quantcast

first tune up (pics)

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
i probably should have gotten her tightened up well over 500 miles ago but i finally got around to it yesterday.

she is now tighter and more accurate than from when i first rode her out of the store and into the sunset.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
the mechanic re-wrapped the right side of the bars and put a new plug on the bar end. within the first two days of me having her, the right plug fell off during a ride and then the tape unwound from the bar and split apart (not put on tight enough) on the top flat section and had to be electric taped.

she was pretty ugly looking for a bit.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
okay, so now i'm just kinda using this site to see how the pics come out so please bare with. feel free to move them to the official bike photo thread if it is more suitable to have them there, mods. the ones i did post on there came out blurry and that is what i'm trying to fix.

oops, how did this get in there? monkeys, meet my girl, pumpkin.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
i bet you thought your jerseys were retired, huh Sir WIll?

i sure hope you all can smile because of these.

my girl Pumpkin.

I tot i ta a puddy tat!!

BOOZINB85

Chimp
Dec 8, 2008
Cypress, Texas
i probably should have gotten her tightened up well over 500 miles ago but i finally got around to it yesterday.

she is now tighter and more accurate than from when i first rode her out of the store and into the sunset.

Damn Preston, that seat is raised just a little high don't you think? Looks like again you screwed up by buying a bike that is entirely too small for you.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Damn Preston, that seat is raised just a little high don't you think? Looks like again you screwed up by buying a bike that is entirely too small for you.
Agreed. It looks like it'll fit me better. Sending you my shipping addy now.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
KAPOW!! listen twit, first off i was trying to be as low key as possible and not let anyone on this site know that, i Sir Preston, truely am cycling royalty and was not wanting these monkeys to know my name. couldn't you tell by my low noOb post count and non-pics of my bikes i haven't posted?

bike is 56.5, stem was lengthened from a 100 to a 110. i test rode the 58, too big. bike is fit perfect and that seat is going higher < not cough, cough higher> and further back after my next century, so tomorrow. =)

this ain't no sippin' tea.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
on more thing hoOd, Sir WIll and i am the EXACT SAME BODY. same inseam, same blade width, same take no prisoners.

he guided me with the purchase.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
Yeah, i'm sure he did. I remember the discussion on Teamsmack. You have absolutely no clue.
so than you remember him publicly stating that that his measurements and mine were the same?

you think he would'a sent me five of his jerseys if they were to be put on a humped backed, hairy back of a one eyed wally wilder than the wilderbeast loOkin', hills have eyE, squeal like a piglet tard such as yourself?

come on now, you gotta give me some credit here.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
WTF>? You guys married or what?
me and Sir WIll? i wish, ...jk, obviously but i am now his personal bitch but gay i am far from. me likey women bums.

hoOd, and myself via the internet married? than yes, i suppose so.

naw, we just have some history, some unfinished business to attend to and you monkeys just got lucky, get to sit back and take part in an ever so memorable episode of 'These are the Days of our Rides'.

dang, i gotta go, it's windy as hell outside but dry.

later.