Quantcast

"Fischer" bikes?

MoTiger

Chimp
Oct 10, 2005
Rolla, MO
Is anyone familar with "fischer" brand bikes made in Germany? Not GARY FISHER, i own a couple of his, these are spelled with a "c" and seem halfway decent... my son brought one home from a yardsale down the street that had taco'd rims. It has a front disc brake and is a full suspension frame. Sram gearing and brakes seem solid. Before i throw a few bucks into new rims and tires, i was wondering what you guys thought. He only paid $10 for it. The owner said he had bought it in germany in 2001.

thanks

MoTiger

Chimp
Oct 10, 2005
Rolla, MO
thanks, yeah, I saw that site
(and i can't read German...). Besides, i am more interested in someone who has actually ridden or worked on a Fischer mtn bike and what their impression was of them.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I noticed at the Fischer site posted above that all the bikes in the team photos say BMC on the downtube. Following the other link on the Fischer front page takes you to something about Fischer bike shops. I can't find any photos of Fischer bikes. A little odd if they're a bike manufacturer. I wonder if perhaps the "Fischer" brand is a rebranded BMC sold at Fischer Bike Shops?

http://www.bmc-racing.com/