Quantcast

F'n Ticks

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
Don't say that, I was just looking at hitting Post Canyon.
i was clean and so was my girl. The pup ran all over the underbrush and picked the nasty buggers. She also got one at the sandy river delta park. That one started to feed before i found it.....mmmmm

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When I was a kid, right after a hike, I ended up with one dug in right between my ball sack and inner thigh. It was not pleasant. Different time, got one behind my ear. Little bastards can all rot in hell.
Better than one on your bunghole and end up just thinking you had a hemorrhoid.

HOOWAH

Monkey
Sep 16, 2001
portland, maine USA
Ticks are no joke and it'll only get worse. We have so little info on how to prevent exposure. The health risks of dabbing have never been more real. Lyme incidence has doubled every year for the past 10 years in NH. No need to freak out. You've got 24 hours so check, every day, regardless of whether you went out or not, they come in on pets and gear you used days ago. Our kids get a thorough check every night when we brush teeth. Pulled 2 black legged ticks off the kids so far this year.

1. Wear light colored solid clothes.
  2. Check every day - feet, groin, pits, hairline, behind ears, back of knees, waistline.
  3. The way you landscape your yard can make a difference at home.
  4. Know how to yank them the right way.
  5. Don't dab.
  6. Bigger the tick, the less you have to worry (about Lyme).
  7. Black legs are bad legs.
  8. Don't be afraid to order a Lyme test if you've got the funk, if you're in a red area on that map and you ride you're already in a high risk group.
  9. Don't go to Cape Cod.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
NO JOKE: Tea Tree Oil
I put that and Lavender on my dogs and it keeps them away in tick country. It's pretty cheap too, worth a try!

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Also, anyone ever see that episode of House where this girl was super sick and they couldn't figure it out... until he got the brilliant idea to check her vag, and low and behold--a tick!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Not to derail the vag blather, but i witnessed arguably one of the coolest things ever in the history of tick disposal a few weeks ago.

So I intercepted one of the the little bastards en route to my grundle, and placed him upon the alter of punishment (ie- a small igloo cooler holding approximately 4 beers) and start looking for something sharp and metally. Then a red ant rolls up and donkey tackles said tick, only to be joined by several of his bros in short order. I was stunned as those red rascals made off with that 8 legged disease vector, which moved me to spill a little beer near their ant hill hole in thanks. They may be souless ginger arthropods, but I sincerely approve of their actions on this day.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Also, anyone ever see that episode of House where this girl was super sick and they couldn't finger it out... until he got the brilliant idea to check her vag, and low and behold--a tick!
Not to derail the vag blather, but i witnessed arguably one of the coolest things ever in the history of tick disposal a few weeks ago.

So I intercepted one of the the little bastards en route to my grundle, and placed him upon the alter of punishment (ie- a small igloo cooler holding approximately 4 beers) and start looking for something sharp and metally. Then a red ant rolls up and donkey tackles said tick, only to be joined by several of his bros in short order. I was stunned as those red rascals made off with that 8 legged disease vector, which moved me to spill a little beer near their ant hill hole in thanks. They may be souless ginger hymenoptera, but I sincerely approve of their actions on this day.
fixed and fixed

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

So I intercepted one of the the little bastards en route to my grundle, and placed him upon the alter of punishment (ie- a small igloo cooler holding approximately 4 beers) and start looking for something sharp and metally. Then a red ant rolls up and donkey tackles said tick, only to be joined by several of his bros in short order. I was stunned as those red rascals made off with that 8 legged disease vector, which moved me to spill a little beer near their ant hill hole in thanks. They may be souless ginger anthropods, but I sincerely approve of their actions on this day.
I like to spray ticks with insect repellent. I don't know if it kills them but I assume they develop a strong self-hatred and get really depressed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Haven't seen a tick in a solid week. I don't think it is a coincidence that the local spider population finally decided to wake up/hatch.