Quantcast

Foes Hydro or Glory???

DTLogic

Monkey
Aug 16, 2006
South Fla
I’m presently on a 08 Glory but the frame is a large and I really should be on a medium. So I’m looking to upgrade to a new frame. The two that I have my eyes on are either the 2011 Glory or Foes Hydro.
I’m not a going to race but I do some freeriding. My riding style would be classified as a basher (like mongo on a bike). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
sounds like two solid bikes, although kind of funny choices. One is a bike created by a team of actual engineers and mass produced to give you a fuggin solid price, and the other is small batch american. Either way, the experience I had with the glory was pretty positive, it gobbled up small bumps, and felt really balanced and easy to move. My only complaint was (yes, it is ridemonkey afterall) that the HA was a little steep. I kinda thought everybody b1tching about it was FOS until I rode it. Its not terrible, and it doesn't make or break the bike, its 100% possible to ride it damn fast stock, but I would prefer a slightly slacker HA. Get an angleset for it and it'll be butter.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Why do you want a lightweight frame if you consider yourself a basher? Get something more sturdy like a Legend or M9.

DTLogic

Monkey
Aug 16, 2006
South Fla
Why do you want a lightweight frame if you consider yourself a basher? Get something more sturdy like a Legend or M9.
I also do some shuttle runs that have quite a bit of pedaling. My 08 Glory pedals pretty well for a DH bike. That's the reason it is on my list, not so much because of the weight.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I also do some shuttle runs that have quite a bit of pedaling. My 08 Glory pedals pretty well for a DH bike. That's the reason it is on my list, not so much because of the weight.
You can find a lot modern bikes that pedal well. I'm a hack myself and thats why I choose the Legend. It pedalls pretty well so it may be an option. That frame is really hard to dent ;)

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
The 2010 Glory is a DH race frame. Some feel the head angle is not slack enough,get an angle headset for it; if you want a slacker bike. I loved my 2010 Glory and used it for DHing and DH racing. It held up well and rides great. It is 2 pounds lighter then the 2009 Glory which makes it a more responsive bike. As you can imagine I am telling you to get the Glory but if money is no object the Foes looks to be a great frame as well.

thad

Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
Where do you ride a downhill bike in Florida? I thought the biggest hill in FL is a garbage dump? A dh bike is in it's element on steep terrain.
If you are riding more jumps, drops and built up wood stuff, I would look at a bike like a Banshee Rune.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
Foes Negative
A) Single pivot is soooo out of style.
B) The Glory has a lower center of gravity and a dope linkage system (less pedal bob)

Positive:
But the foes frame is surprisingly light and has pretty nice geo. So it is really up to you on this one. I say maybe give the foes a try.