Quantcast

Fondue WC thread 2016

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
dnf for mik as well; hope he's intact. and kerr. and dale...

edit - sounds like mik just had a mechanical.

going to be an early morning for we left coasters.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
dnf for mik as well; hope he's intact. and kerr. and dale...

edit - sounds like mik just had a mechanical.

going to be an early morning for we left coasters.
Looks like a Mechanical. He lost A LOT of time in split 1 yet he rode as far as split 3. So something happened early yet he kept going, at least for a bit

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
In the Vital slideshow Brendan was saying that he doesn't like the track as riders can't go all out because of the slippery conditions. Must be like riding on egg shells. Makes sense that Minnaar does well in these conditions.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Hart and Seagrave quali first. Wonder how far up Rachel crashed/flatted/snapped frame/divided by zero/whatever it took for her to not dominate.

That or Tahnee just had a killer run. About time we saw some challenge happening.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Did anyone else read the DIRT post put out earlier as Gwin broke both his legs on the plunge? I totally did until I read it 3 more times.

Gwin should take this one given the conditions.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
In the Vital slideshow Brendan was saying that he doesn't like the track as riders can't go all out because of the slippery conditions. Must be like riding on egg shells. Makes sense that Minnaar does well in these conditions.
Ha!

Riders from the southern rockies to California scoff at your incompetence!!

That's basically just like saying "Hey Aaron. Here ya go buddy. Have another"

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Required in Europe... or is that just France?
So, uh, yeah, Lenzerheide is in Switzerland... :busted:

Not sure about all of Europe but back protection is required for everyone at this event. Ratty just wears it over his jersey, unlike others.

Wonder how Brosnan and Gwin are feeling about that rule right about now. Not sure what they normally wear but those were some gnarly-looking crashes and they may have benefited from some extra protection.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Psyched for Danny Hart- seems like a really good season for him and just a matter of time! Would also love to see Fearon on the top step... That said, I think Gwin has it barring a crash.

I can't frikken wait!!!!!

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Hooray! We're back to serious WC business in the land of pock marked cheese, expensive watches, natural cough lozenges and bikini teams. Out of all the WC venues this season, this is probably the one I'd like to be at the most, mainly to ride the surrounding area trails and see if cow tipping is moar extreme in mountainous areas with 1:1 slopes.

Quick background info for context:

* I actually have a Rolex. It doesn't work anymore.

* I'm not exactly sure why Switzerland has a military. I'd like to be an rear Admiral there.

* I'm not exactly sure what a bikini team actually does. I'd like to be an rear Admiral there.

* For Peat's sake, if it thunders, he had better get fuck off his bike
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article87955892.html

* This was a killer movie (it even features people older than Steve Peat)

* The track has berms, so it sucks.

* Unless he has a sample stored in a fridge somewhere, Aaron Gwin is no longer capable of creating children.

* Sadly, I can't name one Swiss beer off the top of my head.

* Zurich is a favorite haunt of Jason Bourne and James Bond...and Aryan bankers.

All that seems easy enough to process. Here's the podium we'll be seeing in a few hours:

1. Maxime Chapuis - The Swiss wizard (Swizzard?) makes a startling jump from a middling qualifying position to the top spot in finals, namely because he's now sporting a new 8 (or 7?) linked Schwinn DH bike, reviving the "Straight 8" moniker. He also has a cool name, so there's that.

2. Willy Wonka - Yeah that's right, the OG chocolate king has come to stake his claim as the undisputed master of brown calories. The Swiss are initially put off by the hostile takeover of their prized chocolate industry, so they write Willy a sternly worded letter. Regardless, Willy takes the bridesmaid spot, even though his outfit doesn't seem particularly outlandish compared to many of the other competitor's kits.

3. H.R. Giger - Switzerland's foremost vaginal illustrator doesn't fuck around when it comes to bikes or creepy aliens. Riding that god damned hideous Marin "DH" bike that kidwoo so graciously reminded me of, H.R.'s secret is the alien spinnbarkeit coating his bike, giving it an exceptionally low drag coefficient and a marked advantage on the high speed areas.

4. Roger Federer - Taking a brief respite from the ongoing Wimbledon tennis gala, Rog makes a surprise appearance on the WC circuit to defend his home turf. Riding a Swiss racing cow, clad with crabon hooves, the fading tennis star stuns the crowd with a podium finish in his debut race. It should be noted his cow still looks better than Steve Peat's V10.

5. Nick Beer - I'm running on fumes and fast losing sobriety, so this guy seems like the apropos choice. I mean c'mon...NICK freakin BEER. In no way do I wish I had his name (and riding ability)...Nope, not one bit.

Swiss Miss's

1. Hannah - only blonde chicks are allowed to win in Switzerland
2. Pom Pom - because she's effing awesome
3. ACC - because fuck you cancer
4. Seagrave
5. Manon...just to laugh at the idea of Rach not winning, much less on the podium

Ok, it's re-beer-thirty for me, as I need to get prepped for the early morning action tomorrow.

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

Not sure about all of Europe but back protection is required for everyone at this event. Ratty just wears it over his jersey, unlike others.
Ha, yeees, I know lenzerheide well... been there a couple of times.

Strange there isn't standardization for protection across events.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol

Wonder how Brosnan and Gwin are feeling about that rule right about now. Not sure what they normally wear but those were some gnarly-looking crashes and they may have benefited from some extra protection.
Gwin seems to ride almost always with a TLD shock doctor sleeveles shirt and elbow pads.
Not sure about Brosnan.
Bruni is another guy wearing protection most of the time.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
A few answers for @jackalope

* I actually have a Rolex. It doesn't work anymore
Real swiss people wear IWC anyway.

* I'm not exactly sure why Switzerland has a military. I'd like to be an rear Admiral there.
Passive aggressivness. We don't like you, the EU is our enemy, but we take your money, thanks!

* I'm not exactly sure what a bikini team actually does. I'd like to be an rear Admiral there.
Me too.

* For Peat's sake, if it thunders, he had better get fuck off his bike
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article87955892.html
I hope the female cows on the hill don't get aware of his riding.:brows:

* This was a killer movie (it even features people older than Steve Peat)
I'll possibly check it out somewtime.

* The track has berms, so it sucks.
Yep. #notchampery:nopity:

* Unless he has a sample stored in a fridge somewhere, Aaron Gwin is no longer capable of creating children.
He rides chamois undies. He also did the same training as Rowan Atkinson in Agent 00. No problem for the gwinner.

* Sadly, I can't name one Swiss beer off the top of my head.
Calanda, Quöllfrisch, Feldschlösschen. Not quite the bavarian standard, though...
If in Graubünden, check out the Flims/Laax area. There's a private brewery. Much awesome.:cheers:

* Zurich is a favorite haunt of Jason Bourne and James Bond...and Aryan bankers.
See point 2.
[/QUOTE]

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Mines working at the moment- women just finished..
Anyone see this little gem?
image.jpeg

Last edited: