Quantcast

For all the snow monkeys out there

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Ahem....skiing is dangers mkay ;)

I do snowshoe and enjoy beers though :think:
Always playing the role of mama monkey. Although I'm pretty sure you followed my drunk ass down Moose Alley a month ago at Monkeyfest which I'm pretty sure wasnt 100% safe either :rofl:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
W-T-F?!? Who the heck is saucer boy?

Funny thing is that I actually have those exact short skis.
You've gotta be kidding me! You've seen "There's Something About McConkey" RIGHT? If not, I want your name for secret santa!!!! :D

Ahem....skiing is dangers mkay ;)

I do snowshoe and enjoy beers though :think:
It's always good to have someone ready with the beers! Come play! And waaaiiiittt.... don't you live near BEND?? Um, hullo? Bachelor is right there! (My hubby proposed on the top of that mountain on a bluebird day... le sigh) :)

**edit** I'm pretty sure DH mtb-ing is more dangers than skiing. At least you have soft pow to land in in the snow!

^^^

I know you will love this Unofficial Networks Presents

Edit: yeah it's a little nsfw btw
Mmmkay, boss is here, so I'll watch it at home! Thanks! :D

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
My training montage for the SKI OFF has begun...

[video]http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/153324/sports-training-montage[/video]

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Always playing the role of mama monkey. Although I'm pretty sure you followed my drunk ass down Moose Alley a month ago at Monkeyfest which I'm pretty sure wasnt 100% safe either :rofl:
I was being safe, not so sure about you though :D I didn't even run you over!

You've gotta be kidding me! You've seen "There's Something About McConkey" RIGHT? If not, I want your name for secret santa!!!! :D

It's always good to have someone ready with the beers! Come play! And waaaiiiittt.... don't you live near BEND?? Um, hullo? Bachelor is right there! (My hubby proposed on the top of that mountain on a bluebird day... le sigh) :)

**edit** I'm pretty sure DH mtb-ing is more dangers than skiing. At least you have soft pow to land in in the snow!
Nope, I live in Upstate, NY. Danger....I have disc brakes and body armor when I DH. ;)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
:disgust:you can't compare East Coast to West Coast. We've got Whistler, Baker, Big White, Apex, Silver Star, Crystal, Hood, Bachelor, and much much more. East Coast has ice covered hills!

:yes:West Coast FTW:yes:
Cement-covered mountains... ice covered hills. All make for VERY good technical skiers. It's those skiers from Utah and Colorado who are forever having to ski Real Powder™ - poor $hitty skiers. :(

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
any of you turds have any interest in planning a winter monkeyfest? same place, different mode of transportation? Might be fun to organize a thing where people do stuff, like ski, snowshoe, drink, and spontaneous combust, only with snow instead of grass and dirt.
that would be good times

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
I am looking forward to snowboarding down Jester.

Burke Mountain is about to score major points with environmentally-thinking, off-piste-loving, run-tallying skiers and riders. The mountain rolled out the first leg of a multi-year improvement plan with the addition of a new high speed quad, 10 more acres of terrain and a wind tower for the 2011/2012 season.

“This is the first part of our plan to re-energize Burke,” General Manager and VP of Development Tim McGuire said. ”Collectively, these on-mountain additions enrich the truly unique experience not found at any other Vermont resort.”

The new “Mid Burke Express” is a high speed detachable quad that cuts the time to the summit by more than half. No more losing valuable daylight spending 12-15 minutes on the Willoughby Quad. The Mid Burke Express reaches the top in just five minutes.

The expanded terrain adds a total of five trails and gladed runs for intermediates and experts, including: Upper Lift Line (intermediate), Rerun (expert), Upper Power Line (expert), Lower Power Line (expert) and Jester (a terrain park trail).

Last edited:

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
I've been seeing some drool-worthy photos coming out of VT, too. I wish I lived closer/could get away to there today & tomorrow!! I'm hoping to get out to Mad River Glen a week from Saturday for the NATO telefest. We'll see.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
I suppose I should throw this vid in this thread...

Video edit I did of my buddy and I tearing up Oak Mountain a few weeks ago

***EDIT*** I'm the one with black helmet & goggles, my buddy has the blue helmet & sunglasses

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
Finally got around to throwing together a quick video edit of my buddies and I skiing/snowboarding at Squaw Valley back in March. I'm the one skiing in the green jacket w/ black backpack.

We all had some helmet cam issues that weekend so some of the clips aren't the best quality.