Quantcast

For real or Chinese knockoffs?

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
ive seen new pikes on ebay with a location from china.

makes me wonder. do these things have legs and just walk off the assembly line...????

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Who cares

They're gloves, they're cheap, and they're obviously some silly color you're after. Just get them. Gloves die before tires usually. It's not a lifetime commitment and it's not a structural bike component like a fork that will kill you if it fails.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I have some chinese knock off tld shit that a friend gave me some time.

The jersey wasnt impressive and had a very weird fit so I never wore it but the gloves werent too bad.
Quality wasnt as good as the originals (i had the exact same model from tld) but i guess they werent bad for the money.

I would never support this stuff though and its not like original tld/whatever gloves cost a ton of money...

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
i just ordered some TLD Moto shorts from a similar ebay account for a ludicrous price...hoping theyre not complete shit
Bunch of my bike buds has them. Not much to complain about. IIRC zippers were not the highest quality, but apart from that, they are good.

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
so then on par with "legit" TLD products for 1/6 the cost? fine by me!
IDK, I don't think I've seen anyone here on the "legit" ones as they cost like a billion dollars in here and paying that much for plastic, non waterproof shorts that offer no protection whatsoever, would be just plain stupid. I think 2 of my friends has them for at least 3-4 seasons, and they are still fine.

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
Thoose gloves are a few seasons old no? Would guess a lot of stuff like this is someone having found a batch lying around somewhere (lower quality might just be inital batches that was later rejected) so most is probably "original".

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I'm rocking two pairs of fake TLD gloves (thanks aliexpress), real TLD long pants, and a couple real D3s.

My next genuine TLD product will be the TLD money printer @blindboxx2334 linked, then I can keep up with all the new wheel sizes and standards. Probably their best product yet.

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
Thoose gloves are a few seasons old no? Would guess a lot of stuff like this is someone having found a batch lying around somewhere (lower quality might just be inital batches that was later rejected) so most is probably "original".
No no, I'm talking about the shorts. No idea about the gloves.