Quantcast

Forget chainless...

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
I don't know what's more entertaining/hilarious, the cheating attempt itself or the story she told. Can anybody really hope that someone will swallow it? I mean c'mon...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I don't know what's more entertaining/hilarious, the cheating attempt itself or the story she told. Can anybody really hope that someone will swallow it? I mean c'mon...
She's 19. I know that when I was 19 I didn't know what the hell I was doing...

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
She's 19. I know that when I was 19 I didn't know what the hell I was doing...
Ok, so let's assume she didn't know shit about it. The explanation given is just so weird, it sounds exactly like an explanation I would give my father at the age of 19 when he found some, cough cough, nice mags containing pics of women.
A bike she sold to a training partner, at least a year old and probably in old livery, leaning against the team truck after a recon ride and her mechanics don't recognize the different bike and load it into the team truck, where after the race the UCI finds it and the helping device?

C'mon!

The guy would not be looking for his bike? The mechanics would not recognize it as a different bike?

Perhaps she didn't know, but her team must have.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Not to mention the difference in weight between her other bikes and the motorized one. Even when speaking of a device not too powerful and just meant to be used once in a race to give ver an edge over her competitors, her mechanic should have felt it when preparing it along with the rest of her replacement bikes.

We're not talking about your average steel gravel grinder here. These are race machines well in the weight weenie territory.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20160130_02100237

Her brother is suspended for Epo usage... I think that she/ her family knows exactly what they are doing.
Obviously not, or they wouldn't have both been busted.

Once again, ebikes ruin everything. If you're going to cheat, at least cheat respectably, Lance pedaled every miles of all 7 tours, cheated his way to the top fair and square, kids these days have no respect for the game.

Edited for my terrible grammar.

Last edited:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
How many in the top 20 on the tour use something? Whether it's EPO, Steroids, Blood Doping, Human Growth Hormones? I bet if you did a test on their hair most would show positive at some point in their lives....

ROADIES GONNA DOPE

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
XOXOXOXOXO! That's exactly what I'm looking for! Per their website:

Cycling is huge fun in a group or with a partner. But cycling with others can also quickly become frustrating. Weaker cyclists trail behind stronger ones for kilometer after kilometer
Bingo! I've always been frustrated that my utter lack of fitness prevents me from keeping up with people who actually ride regularly. Seems unfair IMO.

And that is the situation the vivax 2-in-1 principle remedying: With the lightest electric motor available anywhere the bike looks as any conventional bike, and it provides that real and authentic ride feel
Aaaaand I even get an authentic ride feel? Hell + Yes

Get more the extra adrenalin of 100% power to unleash the through capabilities you thought you never had.
I'm not exactly sure what this is saying, but I like the idea of 100% power and extra adrenalin (pretty sure they don't test for adrenalin)

Electric support takes the strain off hard-working muscles at exactly the right moment
Hmm, I'm a little concerned about the singular use of "moment", as I'm probably going to have a lot of moments in which my fatty tissue stabilizing cords are straining. Still, it sounds like the nirvana I've been after. Vivax le Revolution!

SDet

Monkey
Nov 19, 2014
Boulder Co
XOXOXOXOXO! That's exactly what I'm looking for! Per their website:

Bingo! I've always been frustrated that my utter lack of fitness prevents me from keeping up with people who actually ride regularly. Seems unfair IMO.

Aaaaand I even get an authentic ride feel? Hell + Yes

I'm not exactly sure what this is saying, but I like the idea of 100% power and extra adrenalin (pretty sure they don't test for adrenalin)

Hmm, I'm a little concerned about the singular use of "moment", as I'm probably going to have a lot of moments in which my fatty tissue stabilizing cords are straining. Still, it sounds like the nirvana I've been after. Vivax le Revolution!
It won't work on your "friends" megatrail

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
^ it has a gas tank?
No, but it might as well IMO. It's an electric DH bike, which for the life of me, I can't figure out why you'd want/need that provided you're not racing PMB or something. In my admittedly flabby case, it's usually the "holding on during rough sections/not dying" part of DH that blows me up versus all out pedaling. I have no idea how much that thing weighs, but I'm going hazard to guess (a lot) more than my TR-450, and that's the last thing I need - moar bike mass units.

http://www.bht-bike.com/index.php

EDIT - Well shit, maybe I do actually want that thing, you can pull sweet wheelies!

And it even has a fender!! :rockout:

I guess if you were "solo-shuttling" something all the time, I could almost see it, but still...just go all djjohnr and man-pedal your freeride EVO up that bitch.

Last edited:

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Teams change their color schemes yearly, one way or another. She would have noticed that.

Her unnamed friend wouldn't have been able to ride a WC course unless they were competing too.

The odds of her friend leaving the seat, bar, stem ect. in the exact position are next to never. She would have noticed something was out of place.

Things change. Her friends bike would have had something changed- different colored cable housing, saddle, brake feel, seat height, tires...

You're timing device wouldn't have accidentally been on a non competitors bike.

Where did her friend get this "concealed carry" motor? The advanced engineering/machining to manufacture that motor, battery, gearing and crank and bb mods weren't done in a garage.

That said- I don't think she did this without the team mechanic and the team themselves knowing. The whole team was in on it.
I don't think a 19 year old girl went on to eBay and bought this contraption, went into the team trailer, removed the seatpost, cranks and bb, drilled, tapped and epoxied all that shit into precise place, wired it and left the trailer without being noticed.

Last edited:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO

We have been over this. The only good option is this KTM above. Its the same price as a pimped V-10 complete. Yet it hauls ASS. I so want one to be at the Otter Electric DH race. Just going over those first doubles at like 40+ MPH.....

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Teams change their color schemes yearly, one way or another. She would have noticed that.

Her unnamed friend wouldn't have been able to ride a WC course unless they were competing too.

The odds of her friend leaving the seat, bar, stem ect. in the exact position are next to never. She would have noticed something was out of place.

Things change. Her friends bike would have had something changed- different colored cable housing, saddle, brake feel, seat height, tires...

You're timing device wouldn't have accidentally been on a non competitors bike.

Where did her friend get this "concealed carry" motor? The advanced engineering/machining to manufacture that motor, battery, gearing and crank and bb mods weren't done in a garage.

That said- I don't think she did this without the team mechanic and the team themselves knowing. The whole team was in on it.
Not to mention the extra ~5lbs from the motor/battery pack *should* have been noticed by her mechanic when he was prepping the bikes for the race. Hell, the guy is responsible for keeping everything where she wants it to be, I'm finding hard he would miss that little detail...