Quantcast

Formula 35 fork?

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/formulas-new-35-bike-festival-riva-del-garda-2016.html

The pinkbike article makes it seem like cool new offering. These guys really liked the way the fork felt but they did experience some sanction wear:

http://singletrackworld.com/reviews/review-formula-35-forks/

What do you guys thus of this new fork?
Was wondering the same myself...although in the vid the fork looked to be using allot of it's travel often...guy was shredding though

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Pike
Lyric
Bos Deville
MRP Stage
DVO Diamond
Mattoc
Lefty Max (maybe not really an option)

Is the Zocchi 350 still on the market?

All of those plus about 200 different tuning companies, and after market tweaks and it's a pretty good time to be in the market for an 'enduro' fork.

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
I like how they stole the x-fusion air spring setup with the ball pivot on the sealhead. I don't know how they made the damper not bind under flex loads though.
I don't like flexy forks, but the reason is binding in the spring and or damper.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Oh pinkbike: "Instead of using plastic tokens to reduce air volume, Formula adjusts the oil level (...) Weight is the same, as plastic is basically oil in a different form."

And oil basically just dinosaurs in a different form, which is why I use decomposed lizards to adjust my air volume.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
have any of you guys seen / tried the new IRT system for the mattoc? instead of a token system, it's a second air chamber. looks pretty slick. effectively creates a dual rate air positive air spring.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
have any of you guys seen / tried the new IRT system for the mattoc? instead of a token system, it's a second air chamber. looks pretty slick. effectively creates a dual rate air positive air spring.
MRP has this Ramp control that works really well on the Stage.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Pike
Lyric
Bos Deville
MRP Stage
DVO Diamond
Mattoc
Lefty Max (maybe not really an option)

Is the Zocchi 350 still on the market?

All of those plus about 200 different tuning companies, and after market tweaks and it's a pretty good time to be in the market for an 'enduro' fork.
Metric and Revel too

Someone really needs to characterize all the different air springs and publish that info.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Metric and Revel too

Someone really needs to characterize all the different air springs and publish that info.
I realise I also missed out Magura as well.

Great time to be entering the fork market

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Yes.
I have installed it in the 150mm Mattoc on my Endorphin with luddite sized wheels.
Not alot of time on it yet - still dialing in pressures.
Initial impressions are highly positive.
Smoove off teh top, good support, and great bottom out control.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yes.
I have installed it in the 150mm Mattoc on my Endorphin with luddite sized wheels.
Rad. Any noticeable stiction from the floating seal?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Yes.
@ZoRo loves his, maybe he'll chime in. I gave it a solid parking lot test so you know it's good for that!

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
@ZoRo loves his, maybe he'll chime in. I gave it a solid parking lot test so you know it's good for that!
Yeah so I have the newer version with the IRT dual chamber thing. It was already a good fork, but this IRT thing is a real positive update and works really good.

The fork stays high in the travel and you get real good small bump compliance. You can "cheat" on the initial pressure and run it much lower and then run the IRT chamber with more pressure to compensate. It's certainly more time consuming to tune though, and the normal tokens which come with the fork (similar to a Pike) are easier to use. It's the Dorado system that guys on the WC like Ed Masters have been running for a while (2+years). Reliable tech.

Also running the McLeod shock. It's a good simple air can boigner. I gotz a special tune on it so it's more butter!

https://www.manitoumtb.com/products/parts-and-accessories/mrd-irt/

Last edited:

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Yeah so I have the newer version with the IRT dual chamber thing. It was already a good fork, but this IRT thing is a real positive update and works really good.

The fork stays high in the travel and you get real good small bump compliance. You can "cheat" on the initial pressure and run it much lower and then run the IRT chamber with more pressure to compensate. It's certainly more time consuming to tune though, and the normal tokens which come with the fork (similar to a Pike) are easier to use. It's the Dorado system that guys on the WC like Ed Masters have been running for a while (2+years). Reliable tech.

Also running the McLeod shock. It's a good simple air can boigner. I gotz a special tune on it so it's more butter!

https://www.manitoumtb.com/products/parts-and-accessories/mrd-irt/

People in largest German forum are raving about the McLeod too. Do you have the King Can installed?