Quantcast

Forumla RO or hayes 4 Pots, which and why?

Whats your choice

• Hayes 4 pot

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Hayes prime (why not?)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Forumla one (popular)

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Forumla RO

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Just wondering what you guys seem to think, I havent ridden any forumlas except the 1, and it wasnt bad, but didnt have much bite (but they were pretty new) Ridden stroker 4 pots, but wasnt hugely impressed, but they werent bad. This year I will be trying 1 of the 2. Ill be using them for DH, and coming off saints. Weight isnt an issue, power is what im looking for. What do you monkeys think :)

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
stick XTR 988s on your saint pots ??

if not then, not having tried the ROs, i would go with the formula the Ones, if you felt they didnt have the same power as your saints, they were deffo not broken in yet.

I loved mine, but am on saints now, simply cos i found the Ones to be too sensitive to pad wear.

Powerwise they are as good as the saints.

Modulation wise saints win for me hands down- but i have a ham fisted approach The ones felt a bit too much for me, since i ride wet roots/rocks mostly, i prefer modulation over anything.

gnarbar

Monkey
Oct 22, 2011
Just wondering what you guys seem to think, I havent ridden any forumlas except the 1, and it wasnt bad, but didnt have much bite (but they were pretty new) Ridden stroker 4 pots, but wasnt hugely impressed, but they werent bad. This year I will be trying 1 of the 2. Ill be using them for DH, and coming off saints. Weight isnt an issue, power is what im looking for. What do you monkeys think :)
Probably not worn in or needing a pore-ride post-factory bleed. The Ones have monster power but strong solid consistent modulation and very easy to ride effortlessly with on light finger control, so no crazy big ass bite or "overpowered" feel. I've never felt them destabilize the bike or lose traction due to excessive power. And yes, The Ones do eat pads but wth the pads aren't super expensive and the delivered controlled power is awesome. I find I tend to change pads when they're down to 30-25% wear just because I really like them feeling fat and solid, FCS options or not that's how I roll.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Love my ro's. Better lever feel, more control and more powerful than the ones.
this is good, only because that was my gut choice, im a bigger guy riding weight around 230, so im trying to make sure that the brakes are up to the job (easily) Its amazing how good a juicy 5 is, when your 13 and 120 pounds...

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Quickly hopped on a Specialized FSR Expert Carbon EVO with RO levers and The One calipers. :eek: Strong like bull.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
im using the ones after having saint before. The power is awesome and half the weight of the saints. I find the modulation better than the saints as i found them to be quite on and off feeling

ocelot

Monkey
Mar 8, 2009
Canadastan
The Hayes ace are good brakes. Good, but nothing amazing. If you're on a budget, they're amazing. The cost vs performance ratio is one of the best on the market right now.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
The Ones and R1s are the first brakes that I've been completely happy with after 2 seasons of use. I'd think the ROs would be perfect for your weight. Buying new XTR levers to use with your Saint calipers would probably also be great, but with more weight.