Quantcast

Found this quite interesting.

J.D.

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
"Disclaimer: For all you sensitive BAGS out there. This isn't a diss on Cameron at all. Merely a very factual scientific observation which can be backed up with many examples.

I WANT A FRIGGIN PHOTO OF CAMERON MCCAUL DOING ANYTHING OTHER THAN A SUPERMAN SEATGRAB!!! (insert standard or indian air here)

Seriously. Ever since his 'birth' onto the scene this summer I have yet to see any other photos of him (be it in a ad, magazine, or online) doing a different trick. I'm god damn sick of seeing it. He does them super super nice (no doubt) but come on. If I were him I'd be embarrased.

Actually I think in a old interview in Flow there was another trick or something and I was reading Spomer's site and found 3 pics of a him doing tabletops. Come on photo/ad people. Lets not turn this kid anymore into a 1-trick pony.

This leads me to my next topic. ATTENTION MTB PROS. Please do real tricks for your ads. As a person that actually designs ads I refuse to run a pic of a guy doing a lamebrain trick. Trust me, I know lamebrain tricks. I have the whole bag of 'amatuer' jump tricks worked out and I do them all the time.

I should NOT be seeing pro riders doing 'toboggans' (and ****ty ones at that) in fullpage ads. Good god. That goes for xups, turnbars, and those stupid '3 stars'. Tabletops are borderline lame for ads. Sure some ppl have mad style.... but... it's kind of a cop-out.

Ante the hell up and do a real trick and make all us 'non-pros' go DAMN HE'S NASTY.
"
quoted from some other place brooo

discuss?

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Well seeing that most pro's learn to jump low and fast... not how many hands or feet we take off don't hold your breath. Besides doing tricks is a dead end job. Ever noticed how short the career of a dirt jumper is. Somewhere along the line everyone forgot that it's a bicycle not a moto.

intensified

Monkey
Mar 31, 2004
Canton,Ma
word up lets see some stuff,at a national last year they offered a cash prize for the best trick in the qualify runs on the downhill.yahoo,freestyle DHX.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Originally posted by kidwoo
Ok dickweed, tell me a REAL trick so I can start learing it. Then I'll be ready for a real badass ad designer like yourself. I mean it's only fair that we be prepared for your standards now isn't it?
What he said about sums it up. I always love those "can you do a no footed-barspin-heelclicker-backflip" people. No I'm not tired of living fool.

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
While he does pull a superman a lot, he has a big bag of tricks... He pulled several of them at sea otter... I didnt get any of you though... oh wait, you didnt compete! :rolleyes:

J.D.

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
Originally posted by Yeti DHer
While he does pull a superman a lot, he has a big bag of tricks... He pulled several of them at sea otter... I didnt get any of you though... oh wait, you didnt compete! :rolleyes:
way to not read what was posted you moron. the guy said he knows he pulls other tricks but all that is shown are superman seat graps and indian airs. :oink:

J.D.

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
Originally posted by dhtahoe
Well seeing that most pro's learn to jump low and fast... not how many hands or feet we take off don't hold your breath. Besides doing tricks is a dead end job. Ever noticed how short the career of a dirt jumper is. Somewhere along the line everyone forgot that it's a bicycle not a moto.
I dont think he was talking about racer pros, more of a dig at freeride pros. Ever notice how lame norba is and that there is no prizemoney (relitively) in racing anymore, talk about a dead end job

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by J.D.
I dont think he was talking about racer pros, more of a dig at freeride pros. Ever notice how lame norba is and that there is no prizemoney (relitively) in racing anymore, talk about a dead end job
Seriously though, what is that quote from? There are so many elements at play in deciding what photos will make it into an ad. It sure as hell isn't Cameron's fault that Ellsworth, lizard skins and whoever else uses him decides that the best looking trick for their ad is a superman variation.

And that brings up a very good point..........I'm really sick of left hand berm shots.......I mean dammit, why does everyone keep turning left?

J.D.

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
Seriously though, what is that quote from? There are so many elements at play in deciding what photos will make it into an ad. It sure as hell isn't Cameron's fault that Ellsworth, lizard skins and whoever else uses him decides that the best looking trick for their ad is a superman variation.

And that brings up a very good point..........I'm really sick of left hand berm shots.......I mean dammit, why does everyone keep turning left?
Camerons fault? really? no one is blaming him. jesus. It just sucks that in the media hes coming across as a one (variation) trick pony.

J.D.

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
I heard a certain designer rides horses. theyre just ponies that wernt shot at birth :oink: :oink:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Camerons fault? really? no one is blaming him. jesus. It just sucks that in the media hes coming across as a one (variation) trick pony.
Do you read?

That's exactly what I said. "cameron comes from a background of riding ponies on nascar tracks after hours and therefore it's CAMERON's FAULT that kids smoke cigarettes"

Let's see what you can do with that one.

J.D.

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
Do you read?

That's exactly what I said. "cameron comes from a background of riding ponies on nascar tracks after hours and therefore it's CAMERON's FAULT that kids smoke cigarettes"

Let's see what you can do with that one.

you were abused as a child?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Haha

Tonight on ABC, Babwa Wawa with her exclusive interview with one-trick media darling Cameron McCaul.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
...one of those armchair aces out at the Sea Otter jump comp who didn't think the riders were going big enough or doing any good tricks. Damn shame the wind and sun in your eyes don't show up too well in an ad.

Let's see, you can't do insane tricks but think riders who don't do insane tricks are lame? That makes you what?

LAME.

Or at best: :monkey:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Jeremy R
Skreeeeeeeeeechhhh!
Sound of Kidwoo peeling out as he drives down to the bunny ranch.:devil: ;)
The scary part is that I really could be at the Bunny Ranch in about 25 minutes......or the Mustang Ranch in 20, or the Kitty Kat ranch in about 45..............

all guesstimates of course

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by Acadian
unfortunately I still have relationship headaches :(
"Dammit, Rosie, you betrayed me during that upshift in the final turn of the course. No nookie for you tonight!"

;)