Quantcast

Fox 36 Factory difference?

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
RC2 vs FIT4. What's the difference? Which one would you choose and why?

I need it for my new road bike with 2.3 tires.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Fit4 is for people who think they need a different fork damping setting for every angle their bike might sit at on a ride, most likely to only use two of the settings.

RC2 is a really well working high speed and low speed compression damper with a good low speed rebound damper.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
RC2 is where it's at IMHO. Get it dialed in for downhill, and it'll be fine for the ups as well, yeah it may bob a little bit more (the fit 4 still bobs going uphill), but lets face if, if you're asking about forks on Ridemonkey, you're probably not going to be winning any EWS races and that .007 watts of lost power won't matter.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
The Fit4 damper is pretty nice actually. You loose the high speed comp adjustment, but still have the low speed.
Like 'woo said, you only use 2 of the settings unless you ride road too and need a lockout.

Wuffles

Monkey
Feb 24, 2016
My buddy has the Fit4, he never uses the climb switch. I bought the RC2 version, and never have an issue with bob on the climbs (once you up the LSC enough to kill brake dive, pedal bob isn't an issue). Any bike you put a 36 on is probably going to have much bigger issues with bob in the rear anyway. RC2 FTW.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
The other thing I'd add is that adding some kind of lockout/climb switch to a fork that doesn't also have adjustable travel is completely counterproductive. The added compression damping just makes the fork ride higher in its travel, raising the front end and making the geometry worse for climbing.

I have two 2015/16 Float RC2s, and they are phenomenal.