Quantcast

Fox Float 34 Spring Question

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Merry Cranksgiving,

I have always been a RS guy, so excuse my ignorance, but I bought a used bike with a Fox Float 34. It has a Push damper upgrade and Push air cap. I really liked the performance. However as of late I have been unhappy with how its been feeling.

I went to look at whats under the air cap and when I let the air out it sucked down from 150mm of travel to about 80mm. That doesn't seem normal. I took the lowers off and it still seemed sucked down. I removed the ID clip and removed the spring assembly. It appears to be normal, no lose pieces, but does that sound right?

Also what can be substituted for float fluid when re-assembling the fork?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I went to look at whats under the air cap and when I let the air out it sucked down from 150mm of travel to about 80mm. That doesn't seem normal.
It's normal. You let all the air out of the positive spring. The coil (I'm guessing this is an older 34 with the coil negative spring) is compressing the fork now that the positive spring isn't opposing it.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Thanks, I kind of came to the same conclusion. But good to have someone with more experience verify that as well.