Quantcast

Fox live valve - electric boogaloo

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
Interesting. Looks like this is finally going to be coming to market, I know it's been in their automotive products for a bit, and was teased to the media a few years ago. Where did you see this?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
That sounds like some pretty poor capacitance. Maybe having a thicker crust would up the resistance for releasing the schmoo.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
insane prices is current trend from the industry. we either get on board, xor we get left behind
It's the very first (mass) produced iteration of a relatively new technology, prices will come down significantly in the future. It's not for me at this point and I'd hold out until they make it wireless, but it's promising nonetheless.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Vital and Pinkbike rode the system:
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/review-fox-live-valve-suspension.html
https://www.vitalmtb.com/features/FOX-Live-Valve-Suspension-Robots-MTB-the-Rise-of-the-Machines,2508

VItal seems to adress the downsides more.
The system can be slightly inconsistent when preloading for a bunny hop, jump, or other trail feature. Depending on the terrain leading up to a feature, the suspension will either already be open if it's rough or it will be closed if things are smooth. This is a little tricky – I would pre-load differently if the suspension is open or closed, so it is a little bit hard to predict. In this case, more time with the system would allow me to learn how it reacts, and I am confident it would become more predictable.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's the very first (mass) produced iteration of a relatively new technology, prices will come down significantly in the future. It's not for me at this point and I'd hold out until they make it wireless, but it's promising nonetheless.
i was just making more electrical puns.