Quantcast

Foxboro MBAS <spam>

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
If any of you N.E. (Massachusetts/RI/CT/S.NH/ME) folks are looking for a fun MTB event, come on over to the Foxboro Mountain Bike Adventure Series ride being held September 19, registration opens by 8:30AM.

Visit SEMASSNEMBA for more info.

Among other things, we'll have a bunch of trails marked for you to enjoy a ride without taking out the map, various led rides, a BBQ hosted by BBQ for a Cure, Demo bikes from Rocky Mountain Bikes, and for you women-riders we have Karen Eagan coming down from Highland Mountain Bike Park to lead her "Ride Like A Girl" series, which will start around 10AM.

Registration is open at 8:30 till Noon. BBQ wraps up when they run out of food usually around 1:30 or so.
We'll have raffle tickets on hand to enter to win a Fox Fork of your choice, among a whole bunch of other swag...

Think of it this way, MTB in the AM, BBQ in the PM, then head home and watch the Pats. Perfect day I say...:thumb:

Cost: The cost of the ride will be $10 for NEMBA members, $25 for non-members, and FREE to anyone who joins NEMBA on the morning of the ride. All proceeds will be used to enhance the trails at F. Gilbert Hills State Forest at Foxboro.

Directions:

56 Mill Street, Foxboro, MA

From the North: Take Rte. I-95 south to Rte. 140 north, 3/4 around common, bear right onto South Street, right onto Mill Street. Follow signs to parking lot.

From Rte.495: Take exit 14 which is route 1. Follow Route 1 north. Take a right on Thurston Stret (Thurston turnsinto West Street Foxboro) Passing Normandy Farms campground take a left onto Mill Steet.

Happy trails...:)

CP

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
MBAS Update: We will have a beginner skills clinic being hosted by Highland Mountain's Dennis LaClair. All you beginners looking to improve your skills, this is your chance to get instruction and tips from a pro rider! Clinic starts at 10:30 and runs for an hour. All are welcome to attend.

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
Update we've added some more bike-shop/industry support coming Sunday!

We'll have some 2011 demo bikes from Bike Barn (Whitman, MA).
(2) Santa Cruz Tallboy 29ers Med & Lg
(2) Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Full suspension 29ers Med & Lg
(4) Specialized Stumpjumper 29er Hardtails, all sizes.
Maybe even a few Road bikes to test as well...

Rocky Mountain Bikes will also be in attendance with test bikes as well:
Some of the models include:
(2) Altitude 29ers in Med & Lg
(2) Altitude 50 26er in Med & Lg
(1) Element 50 26er
(1) Flatline Park Bike
We'll even have a couple of Oxygen Road Bikes on hand (54 & 57/58)

I working on getting a Trek/GF bikeshop who may also come with some test bikes...stay tuned.

See you Sunday!

CP

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
man I miss those trails!! I used to live in Pawtucket and would ride them ALL the time. Was one of the few trail networks I've ever ridden that I never got bored with.