Quantcast

Free MP3/WAV editor?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Does such a thing exist? All I need/want is simple functions like merging/trimming multiple .mp3 or .wav on top of each other and create a single, multi-track recording.

Recently, I've been feeling artsy fartsy and emo and have had a few good song ideas and bitchin' licks on the guitar. I got myself a nice handheld Roland recorder that records single "tracks" onto an SD card as individual .mp3 or .wav files, which has been awesome as it's very intuitive to use (and pretty damn good recording sound quality). All I want to be able to do is crop the individual tracks and layer them together to create 2, 3, 4 guitar tracks to see how parts sound together.

I have a looper pedal for my guitar that is good for a single looping track to play along with, but it's not the easiest thing to navigate if I want 2+ tracks, and changing tracks at that. It would much easier to record each track, pop the SD card into my laptop and edit it there. I'm not looking for studio quality or anything fancy, something simple, decent and free will do. Anything like this exist?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: