Quantcast

Free Pisco for all!!!(wish I was in Lima)

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Peru: Pisco to Flow from Fountain in Downtown Lima Celebration

(LIP-ir) -- 2,000 liters of Peru's Pisco will flow from the fountain in the Plaza de Armas in downtown Lima today, so that anyone that would like to savor this Peruvian drink, in its 4 variations - Quebranta, Italia, Acholado, Mosto verde - can do so.

The Municipality of Lima, with the help of Peru's Wong Corporation, has organized this Pisco tasting event, which is to begin at noon today, in honor of Pisco and of Peru's 186th Independence Day.

Chalanes (Peruvian horse trainers / riders) and Peruvian Paso horses, will make their way to the Main Plaza at 3 p.m., where they are to take part in a grand Criollo event, with the participation of artists such as Bartola and Perú Negro.

The event is to last until 11:30 p.m. and will culminate in a splendid fireworks display that will light up Historic downtown Lima.

The Municipality of Lima held the first "Fountain of Pisco" event in July 2004 at the Fortune Fountain on the 5th block of Arequipa Avenue. The following year, and in 2006 the events were held at the Plaza de Armas.

Peruvians know how to party...

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
hmmmmmmmmm pisco...so good! my grandma used to give me shots of pisco with a teaspoon of smashed chilli when i had a soar throat, i guess peruvian traditional medicine is the best.