Quantcast

Free riding at Catamount

Bawitdaba

Chimp
Feb 18, 2006
Pine Plains, NY
August 28, 2007

Catamount is pleased to announce that they will be offering mountain biking on 3 separate dates. These dates are being offered to test out whether mountain biking is something that Catamount wants to pursue in the future during off season. There will be no charge for access to the mountain during this test phase. This is purely experimental to decide how Catamount wants to proceed in the future.

Dates for this opportunity are September 22, September 29 and October 27. Rain dates for these times will be held on Sundays. The mountain will be open at 10am and will close at 3pm. And remember....its FREE!

We look forward to seeing you and hope to be able to bring mountain biking to Catamount on a more permanent basis.

http://www.catamountski.com/news.cfm

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
I'll be there this saturday. I had been talking with them about trying to start up biking for the last two years, although the discussions were VERY broad and they didn't seem especially keen on starting it. So I am VERY psyched to see that they are testing the waters. If anyone can go out and show support please do as Catamount has a lot to offer.

It will be shuttle service to the top of lift #5 every half hour, as for the trails I've been told it's singletrack, DH & fireroad....but I can't really speak to the condition of these trails. Again, please come out and show support if you can. I'll be talking with everyone I have been again, and hopefully we'll see permanent biking at Catamount next year. And if they give the go-ahead, I'll definatley be there helping out with some sick trails. Who knows maybe we can even get a race series started....that's what I had been suggesting when I gave them my ideas.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
BTDT....don't waste your time. I spent 2.5 hr driving out there and they had two trails, both of which were mowed paths on the ski trails.

If catamount wants to do it right, they need to get the facts, then get a couple of guys (like yourself) who are interested in building trails. Then, after a couple of months, they can open to bikers. I won't be back unless I'm invited to build trails or good trails are built. It looks like they have the terrain, but they don't have the talent right now.

PS, I got three runs in in about 4 hours there...