Quantcast

Freeride bikes

fubar5

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
Houston, TX
Really? 32 pounds doesn't seem like a whole lot to me. But those dudes in the magazine get paid to put words on a page, so they'll b!otch about anything. The Slayer is sure cool, not quite as cool as a Stinky, but still cool.:D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Fubar, thanks for the review!! :thumb: "Suggested retail" might be $2155, but it's all who you know! ;)

(unfortunately, I know no one)

Seems to me that bike prices PLUMMET in the off-season. Buy that bike next September, and it'll probably run you $1600-$1700.

fubar5

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
Houston, TX
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Fubar, thanks for the review!! :thumb: "Suggested retail" might be $2155, but it's all who you know! ;)

(unfortunately, I know no one)

Seems to me that bike prices PLUMMET in the off-season. Buy that bike next September, and it'll probably run you $1600-$1700.
Really? I haven't noticed that..But that is S-W-E-E-T. I'll probably buy my Stinky next Sept then.
I don't know anyone either. In fact, I make more enemies at nearby bike shops than I do friends.

But that is only because they don't know anything.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by FlipSide
You're right vitox, at least concerning what a perfect freeride BIKE is (or should be).

What is still not so clear is what freeriding is really.

I doubt we'll settle this anytime soon...and I guess it's the beauty of it! ;)
Freeriding is riding FREE of limitations.
Up, Down, Over, Off...

G

grommet

Just a thought but there are alot of god deals on the NSMB site. And with the exchange rate your bound to find a smokin' deal on a freeride bike. Check it out.