Quantcast

Fresh Gear: New Yeti Bikes and Rock Shox Monarch XX Carbon!

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009

Here's a little gear post for your pleasure. Included are three new bikes from Yeti, an all-new line of MTB shoes from Giro and Rock Shox's revamped Monarch rear shock! Enjoy the photos.
---

A new big-bike for Yeti in 2012.

It appears Yeti took their Switch Technology linkage found on the SB-66 and adapted it to a full-suspension 29er. Can you say no-brainer?

Yeti’s been busy this past year. In addition to launching the already-revealed alloy SB-66, which is based based around their all-new linkage design, it appears Yeti is also bringing a couple more new bikes (as well as the much-anticipated carbon version of the SB-66) to Eurobike this year.

We can’t wait to find out more, but until then, for more info on the alloy SB-66 Pro, check out Brice’s glowing review in the August issue of Bike Magazine.

XX Carbon: Dare we say it's sexy enough to warrant another x in its name?

RockShox has been getting fresh with their Monarch XX rear shock, which for 2012 will feature the hydraulic-actuated X-Loc remote lockout system found already on XX-level forks. The top-end XX Carbon model lightens up courtesy of a carbon fiber air can and weighs in at a shapely 275 grams (including lockout system).

[fblike]http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3684722#post3684722[/fblike]

Attachments

alpine slug

Monkey
Jun 10, 2011
and weighs in at a shapely 275 grams
ugh.

shapely means bigger and heavier and usually is meant to offer a contrast from something which is 2-dimensional and lacks girth, mass, weight.

I think you meant the opposite of shapely... svelte. Or skinny.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
ugh.

shapely means bigger and heavier and usually is meant to offer a contrast from something which is 2-dimensional and lacks girth, mass, weight.

I think you meant the opposite of shapely... svelte. Or skinny.
you might watn to consider that it is 50g heavier than the normal monarch (~225g)

alpine slug

Monkey
Jun 10, 2011
you might watn to consider that it is 50g heavier than the normal monarch (~225g)
or you may want to read the context of the part I'm saying "ugh" about.

The top-end XX Carbon model lightens up courtesy of a carbon fiber air can and weighs in at a shapely 275 grams (including lockout system).
He's talking about it getting lighter courtesy of a new carbon can.

Wait... don't tell me... this is skinny girl jeans-wearing, PBR-drinking hipster "irony" humor.

My favorite thing about MTB journalism is the 4th grader level of writing. It's keen, it's swingin', it's bad-azz.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
or you may want to read the context of the part I'm saying "ugh" about.

He's talking about it getting lighter courtesy of a new carbon can.

Wait... don't tell me... this is skinny girl jeans-wearing, PBR-drinking hipster "irony" humor.

My favorite thing about MTB journalism is the 4th grader level of writing. It's keen, it's swingin', it's bad-azz.
Man you must be some multitalented demi-god. You are an expert at training, master engineer and a pulitzer winning jurnalist. Compared to you rm is humbler than Obama eating a big mac on a golf field while listening to Ted Nugent.