Quantcast

>> Fresh start Thursday GTM >>

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got off conference call with mgmt and a bunch of the team about new sales methods. End of call from VP "go out and do what we talked about! I want to hear you addressing [list of issues] how Stoney does and recommended we all do. That is the best way for us to get better going forward." I'll take that as a win.

Had 1x1 meeting with direct manager this am. Change to comp structure allows for annual goals to be more fit around Sr position, which is a +. Also got referred to a manager position in another group. Declined as it's the team I left to come here because it's such a negative environment. Nice to know I'm getting these referrals though.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Just got off conference call with mgmt and a bunch of the team about new sales methods. End of call from VP "go out and do what we talked about! I want to hear you addressing [list of issues] how Stoney does and recommended we all do. That is the best way for us to get better going forward." I'll take that as a win.

Had 1x1 meeting with direct manager this am. Change to comp structure allows for annual goals to be more fit around Sr position, which is a +. Also got referred to a manager position in another group. Declined as it's the team I left to come here because it's such a negative environment. Nice to know I'm getting these referrals though.
going to double up on the ///M with this news?
:busted:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just had a realization, but shy of an epiphany. Rise Against, AFI, and Anti-Flag are playing at Red Rocks in September and I want to go. It's too punk rock for Wifey, so she's out. I don't really have any friends here who are punk music fans, just metal or whatever the fuck else kind of music there is out there. Guess I'm going alone. Meh.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Work forces me do long hours when I need the time to prepare for job interviews. FTS level is through the roof.
Today's executive meeting went as expected. Our incredible accomplishments were meet with a MEH! while some petty issues were blown out of proportion, per usual. Is it weekend, yet? Wait, taxes....

Work forces me do long hours when I need the time to prepare for job interviews. FTS level is through the roof.
Today's executive meeting went as expected. Our incredible accomplishments were meet with a MEH! while some petty issues were blown out of proportion, per usual. Is it weekend, yet? Wait, taxes....
What would you do to prepare for a job interview other than bathe and go to it?

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Personally, i don't care if Amazon puts big brick and mortar stores out of business... that's literally business. if i could but even buy half the stuff from B&M stores that i can from Amazon, i wouldn't use it. But B&M stores don't sell half the things Amazon does. If you have store in your city that does, someone else's might not. Plus, when i lived in middle of nowhere PA, being able to buy whatever i need and have it delivered to my door 2 days later was great because it was hard to go anywhere to get things sometimes. Convenience will always win. I know i will get hate for this comment but... meh.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/worlds-richest-man-loses-dollar107-billion-as-trump-tweets-about-amazon/ar-AAvg71W?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Just had a realization, but shy of an epiphany. Rise Against, AFI, and Anti-Flag are playing at Red Rocks in September and I want to go. It's too punk rock for Wifey, so she's out. I don't really have any friends here who are punk music fans, just metal or whatever the fuck else kind of music there is out there. Guess I'm going alone. Meh.
Sounds like a fun time.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Personally, i don't care if Amazon puts big brick and mortar stores out of business... that's literally business. if i could but even buy half the stuff from B&M stores that i can from Amazon, i wouldn't use it. But B&M stores don't sell half the things Amazon does. If you have store in your city that does, someone else's might not. Plus, when i lived in middle of nowhere PA, being able to buy whatever i need and have it delivered to my door 2 days later was great because it was hard to go anywhere to get things sometimes. Convenience will always win. I know i will get hate for this comment but... meh.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/worlds-richest-man-loses-dollar107-billion-as-trump-tweets-about-amazon/ar-AAvg71W?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp
So if you're local store said "I can get that for you in two days" and you support them, or Amazon says "buy now ... and we'll deliver it to you in two days" ... what's the real difference? (aside from possible tax savings)

Product descriptions on Amazon, in general, suck. Hard to figure out what you're actually ordering.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
So if you're local store said "I can get that for you in two days" and you support them, or Amazon says "buy now ... and we'll deliver it to you in two days" ... what's the real difference? (aside from possible tax savings)
I do ask, but its hit or miss and usually miss or i have to go to 5 different stores. Or might come in later than i need it unless i pay for extra fast shipping. At least with Amazon i can sit my lazy ass at home and saves gas and time.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I love amazon. But I hate it too. Ordering online in general kicks ass. Going to most stores sucks. People suck, traffic sucks, parking sucks. Saving me time so I can hang with my family, do stuff and ride bikes.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If I'm buying something from either Amazon or BBBY/TGT/etc and Amazon is equal px, I'm buying it from Amazon. Time is money. If a non-box store is the competitor and the price is close (and it better be damn close), then I'll buy local.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
4D8A2E97-7CD3-429E-A870-AEB84A4A9827.jpeg
nick?

kid killed it on the pumptrack. they even let me ride the 2650bromad. it was a blast.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'll buy from REI if the same price as Amazon. Hell, I'll buy from REI if more expensive than Amazon then pricematch after the fact through my credit card.

For winter and summer Winter Park monkeys: Elevation Pizza in Fraser, across 40 from the Safeway, is excellent. Jessica made her own pizza with red sauce, garlic (in the sauce and on top finely ground), pepperoni, and tomatoes and that quite possibly was the tastiest pizza sauce I've ever had.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What would you do to prepare for a job interview other than bathe and go to it?
Given two candidates with identical backgrounds I would always prefer to offer a job to the one who seemed prepared for the task at hand.

I prepare meticulously for interviews and have about an .850 batting average when it comes to getting offers.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Just did the Exxon Valdez of oil changes on my truck. Ford changed th drain plug on the oil pan from the bottom to the side. they also went to a 3/4 turn to remove from a threaded nut. it launched, oil launched way further that where I had the drain pain. Oil splashed everywhere my arms. face, shoulder all got hit hard (difficult to move when you are on your belly under the truck). Good thing i was wearing safety glasses and no oil got in my eyes. 5 pounds of kitty litter is currently soaking up the mess, did i mention that diesels hold 13 quarts of oil? fuck me

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::oops::oops::oops::oops:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
View attachment 128351
nick?

kid killed it on the pumptrack. they even let me ride the 2650bromad. it was a blast.
@Nick is solid metal. We went to the last Rise Against show, but Deftones were co-headlining. This is some solid overthrow the government (but we have 1-2 songs that sell) punk.
I've been pushing Wifey and she's a maybe now, but is very confused where or how a pit would form at Red Rocks. "That just seems like a very dangerous place for this type of show." Not all punk shows have a pit honey...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just did the Exxon Valdez of oil changes on my truck. Ford changed th drain plug on the oil pan from the bottom to the side. they also went to a 3/4 turn to remove from a threaded nut. it launched, oil launched way further that where I had the drain pain. Oil splashed everywhere my arms. face, shoulder all got hit hard (difficult to move when you are on your belly under the truck). Good thing i was wearing safety glasses and no oil got in my eyes. 5 pounds of kitty litter is currently soaking up the mess, did i mention that diesels hold 13 quarts of oil? fuck me

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::oops::oops::oops::oops:
Sorry to laugh dude, but that shit is fucking hilarious, only because we've all done it before.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Sorry to laugh dude, but that shit is fucking hilarious, only because we've all done it before.
Shit I was laughing at myself. about the only thing i did right was keeping my leg spread wide when pouring (and more spilling of oil) from the drain pan to the 5 gallon plastic oil/fuel jug to take it to recycling. I would have been so pissed to flood a pair of still good running shoes with oil....Total dork city....

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC

https://www.amazon.com/Fumoto-F-106N-Engine-Drain-Valve/dp/B003T7XUE4

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

At least it's not under head pressure. :twitch: