Quantcast

>>> Freud, hey! <<<

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey hey hey, it's fried hay!

Think I'm going to ride in today. Beautiful weather for it and little time pressure. Yay! Still shopping for a mower. Anybody want to go up to Beverly?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
So yesterday my friends did a "not for white people Thai dinner" which included raw pork tartare (tested for parasites so I dont die), raw pork hearts in pork blood, 2 pork blood sausage and generally a very "oink oink" dinner. They also made negronis and long island ice teas in buckets.

So today I'm a bit tired. But I can't be too tired as I am handing in my resignation at the jurb. Got a great offer. The new boss seems to work on the same wavelength, the company seems to be at the seet spot between too slow to change and too small to really have the muscle to do anything and the position is in a growing field of streaming and not TV. Will also get to be annoying script notes guy again. Also mo money so mo bike trips.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:mad:

Yesterday's small home project turned into an all day fuckfest and I'm still salty about it. In-laws in town so I have to spend the next 4 days entertaining them but before I do that I need to go meet with a doctor because suddenly the IVC filter I've been carrying around in my body the last 16 years is a major concern.

Needless to say, I've got a serious case of FTS this morning.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Gonna have one last fire today before this weekend's deluge.

Managed to grab a pair of vintage yet barely used wood clamps yesterday off FB marketplace for $20. Definitely don't make those like they used to.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Any woodworkers/carpenters/sigh deck builders here? I am hoping to build my kids a treehouse this summer and I have a question about joining the supports. Basically, without advanced woodworking skill, how do I best join the upper points on the triangle built as a support? I'm clear on what I want to do on the top and bottom, but the outer corners are fuzzy

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Any woodworkers/carpenters/sigh deck builders here? I am hoping to build my kids a treehouse this summer and I have a question about joining the supports. Basically, without advanced woodworking skill, how do I best join the upper points on the triangle built as a support? I'm clear on what I want to do on the top and bottom, but the outer corners are fuzzy
Www.Reddit.com/r/woodworking

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
If you don’t know the answer then it’s zip ties and duck tape or you just let your kids build it. They’ll probably do a better job than dad anyway.:p

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You'd have to post up a picture of your design, there are a multitude of ways to tie that together. Short answer though, Simpson probably makes a bracket that accomplishes what you are trying to do and only requires nailing the connection together.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Better late than never, grilled up a fancy ribeye steaks dinner for the girlfriends birthday last night.

Excited about Friday, but got almost no sleep last night, so today I'm guessing will drag on. :wacko:

:mad:

Yesterday's small home project turned into an all day fuckfest and I'm still salty about it. In-laws in town so I have to spend the next 4 days entertaining them but before I do that I need to go meet with a doctor because suddenly the IVC filter I've been carrying around in my body the last 16 years is a major concern.

Needless to say, I've got a serious case of FTS this morning.
Aye, I should google it, but whats an IVC filter?

Sucks about having inlaws piled on top of that.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
whats an IVC filter?
It's a little spidery looking do-dad they shove up one of the viens in your leg and up towards the heart to catch blood clots after you've had some sort of medical issue(s) that cause you to lay on your back in a hospital for weeks on end. 16 years ago they went to take mine out and lo and behold, it was full of clots so the doc said congratulations on your new permanent medical implant and that was the last I heard of it. My oncologist brought it up 2 weeks ago at my regular follow up and wanted to know why I still had it. Suddenly there is this big rush (it feels like anyway) to have it removed.

Edit: a quick Google actually shows that I might be wrong about where it goes in, but else wise, that's the story

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's a little spidery looking do-dad they shove up one of the viens in your leg and up towards the heart to catch blood clots after you've had some sort of medical issue(s) that cause you to lay on your back in a hospital for weeks on end. 16 years ago they went to take mine out and lo and behold, it was full of clots so the doc said congratulations on your new permanent medical implant and that was the last I heard of it. My oncologist brought it up 2 weeks ago at my regular follow up and wanted to know why I still had it. Suddenly there is this big rush (it feels like anyway) to have it removed.
surprise! it's probably keeping you alive

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Edit: a quick Google actually shows that I'm probably wrong about where it goes in, but else wise, that's the story

Interesting. And yeah thats not something someone wants to be worrying about 16 years later... :panic:

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Insane amount of rain last night. Nearly needed a boat to get to work.

I find it “interesting” that people feel the need to ram their car/truck through 2-3’ of standing water like it’s some kind of Herculean event.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Edit: a quick Google actually shows that I might be wrong about where it goes in, but else wise, that's the story

No, that location and description are accurate. Some go in via neck if all clotted below but most from the groin, and they live in the IVC just below the renal veins, so a few inches below your heart, yeah.

/me feels significantly less like death today after a very unpleasant 36 hours or so of enteritis. Wrapping up my BLS renewal course right now.