Quantcast

>>>> Friday by the Fireplace GTM >>>>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Working from home. Sitting by the fireplace and working on a presentation for later.

Had a window manufacturer by yesterday who will be able to replicate the old windows we have. They make really beautiful work and the attention to detail was amazing. It will be more than the other company we are talking about but then we don't have to molest the house.

Fenders installed on the road bike and I am looking forward to a ride tomorrow if no tonight. Planning to sing up to a 220km gravel ride in April so I need to keep the bike going.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I woke up to loud explosions followed by sirens. A neighbor one block up had his house catch on fire. He is a welder and the noise was his acetylene tanks exploding. he and the folks around him got out of the houses unhurt. Livermore Fire has a station just a block away. they were able to contain the flames to the garage and and the outside siding of the house next to him

off to the salt mine called the short bus in a few

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello peoples and happy Friday!

Yeah, fuck this cold shit. Between that and the darkness, its been hard to get motivated to do anything after work. Its Friday and I've only gone on one ride so far this week. :monkey:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Glad it's a Friday. Repair shop submitted the final estimate for the damage to my truck. A wee bit north of $10K. :shocked:

That was repairing every body panel to varying degrees, replacing the hood and roof, pulling off bumpers, the topper, the windshields and the interior, and painting the hood, roof, driver's side fender, and blending all of that into the adjacent panels. Oof.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Mornin!

Glad it's a Friday. Repair shop submitted the final estimate for the damage to my truck. A wee bit north of $10K. :shocked:

That was repairing every body panel to varying degrees, replacing the hood and roof, pulling off bumpers, the topper, the windshields and the interior, and painting the hood, roof, driver's side fender, and blending all of that into the adjacent panels. Oof.
Hail?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Mornin!

For your weather events, they should have replaced them with rubber parts.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Bikes were ridden last night and smiles were on our faces. Super slick and soggy in the woods. That plus the darkness made for an interesting ride. Snow on tap for the weekend. 2"-4" is predicted. It would stick around long. The ground is still very soft and needs to freeze up.

Now to plow through this day.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Yep. Golf ball sized storm rolled through in May and decimated everything around here.

Or just buy everyone one of these:

That storm fucked up all three of my families houses in CO. The hailstorms out there are epic, never seen anything like them elsewhere.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Night ride last night, had ~1/2" snow and semi-cold temps. Super fun, gonna try and make that happen more often this year.

(note that I say that every year)

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

I'm gassy today. I've been taking frequent loops around the cubicle farm to dustcrop the area so they can't pinpoint exactly where the olfactory offense is originating.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
New bikes day for wife and I

Hoping the XD freehubs I bought are compatible with the formula hubs the bikes are coming with as I took a gamble as they come with anchor weight cassettes I wanted to swap while new.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yep. Golf ball sized storm rolled through in May and decimated everything around here.

Or just buy everyone one of these:

There was an interesting article about a guy with a Corvette that went through hail. Windshield and rear glass were gone, but all the panels bounced. :rofl:

An advantage to having a plastic car, I guess.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

FTS Friday is in full swing. Was in class yesterday and now I am licenses to save lives in the event there is nobody else around with actual credentials. Clear skies all weekend, I will be riding a bike at some point. Taking the pooch into the woods. I wanted to do that today, but the trails are closed during the week until January up at Stub. Gateway Green was wicked fun, so I need to take the big bike and run the pooch off lead.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That bridge entrance can get so ugly that I wouldn't change course by an inch, just want to get through intact.

A good chunk of the time I spent learning to drive was spent on the southern portions of the Taconic State Parkway. 65 mph, no shoulders, lanes approximately .5" wider than your car, heavy traffic. I suspect the average Seattle driver would just put it in park and quietly sob.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Grab and go burrito from our company store was wrapped in a rosemary wrap instead of a normal tortilla. Breakfast ruined. Voice is fried, throat hurts. At least it's Friday. Haley counted her money last night and wants to go to the toy store this weekend with her $50. I will be interesting to see what she decides to get.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
New bikes day for wife and I

Hoping the XD freehubs I bought are compatible with the formula hubs the bikes are coming with as I took a gamble as they come with anchor weight cassettes I wanted to swap while new.
A. New bike day what??!!
B. I just added your missus to the night ride group on Facebook, you tell her to tell you when we post something, and then the both of you should come join. It's usually something "lame" like Green Mountain, but it always starts and ends with bevvies and is usually a good time.
C. It's a pirates favorite letter. You'd think it would be 'R' but no... it's the 'C'.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Working on a project plan that is a raging dumpster fire. Boss has no experience with such things and is asking for straight up bizarre documentation and methodology to complete it. Also demands that it is based on a consensus of a group. Group consists of such disparate opinions that hours are spent arguing minutia. I could have single handedly put something together myself but have no time because I am spending countless hours in long meetings trying to design something via committee. Am at the limit of my patience.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Working on a project plan that is a raging dumpster fire. Boss has no experience with such things and is asking for straight up bizarre documentation and methodology to complete it. Also demands that it is based on a consensus of a group. Group consists of such disparate opinions that hours are spent arguing minutia. I could have single handedly put something together myself but have no time because I am spending countless hours in long meetings trying to design something via committee. Am at the limit of my patience.

Westy...I didn't know you worked in the sign industry as well...that was scary how you just described my work environment so accurately.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Here. Grab and go burrito from our company store was wrapped in a rosemary wrap instead of a normal tortilla. Breakfast ruined. Voice is fried, throat hurts. At least it's Friday. Haley counted her money last night and wants to go to the toy store this weekend with her $50. I will be interesting to see what she decides to get.
http://hotwheels.mattel.com/shop/en-us/hw/track-builder-tracksets/hot-wheels-track-builder-system-power-booster-kit-dgd30

:rofl:

This is the one I want to get for Lil Man. He currently has about 55' of track, but no boosters. You can only gravity feed so much.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Westy, I didn't know you worked on my team. :fans:

This is what I've been fighting for 6 months. I spend more time trying to get people to understand what I am doing that actually doing it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Westy...I didn't know you worked in the sign industry as well...that was scary how you just described my work environment so accurately.
About a year ago our VP asked for a rather important estimate of the following years maintenance budget. I was nominated along with a few other people who I can't stand working with to execute. Had two days before our first meeting. I collected the data, analyzed it, generated the results, created the presentation, got buy in from the second level manager. Showed up to the meeting with the completed project. Other folks were not happy with me. I told them they didn't have to accept my work, but I considered my effort to be done and that they could do whatever they wanted to do with it. At the end of the day no changes were made.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Westy, I didn't know you worked on my team. :fans:

This is what I've been fighting for 6 months. I spend more time trying to get people to understand what I am doing that actually doing it.

The best part is half the people involved don't understand the equipment we are working with. It is not that they are dumb, but they have just never bothered to go down on the floor to look at it, or opened any of the drawings. Doesn't stop them from forming strong opinions though.