Quantcast

Friday GMT (Wingding)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
WTF guys? Bit late isn't it?

Still here experiencing massive levels of fuck this.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Today is Friday, S̶̨͈͇̞̤͈̥͇̘O̜̗͇͇̬̪̘͟Ọ̵̗͙̞̺̱̤͡N̴͕͇̟͓̣̼̟ ̱͙̭̹T͍̦̹͇͔̹͕͉̤͝H̱̺̬͓̰̙̗͘E̶̵҉͇̱̪̳̼ ̰̦͙͚̞̙͢͡W̸̱͉͢ͅE̴̡̯̯̩̳̗̙̗E̙̱̮͓̟͔̮͎͎Ḵ͙É̺N͏̭̺͈̠͓͔͝D̷̮͖ ̱̞̦̀͝B̴̧̥̜̱̞̺͎̹E̜̤̬̮̳̬͎̕͘͝ͅG҉҉̯̱̳́I͏̣̙͈̘̕Ń̢̪̦̤̹S̯̱̱̜͎͘̕

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Research day. I plan to actually be at work from 12-1 for a grand rounds. Spent about a third of the night in Yuna's bed, because that is my life now.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Long week, and today is going to suck if the forecast is correct. Driving in the rain with winds between 35 and 45 mph is going to be challenging. At least we are going out for Creole food tonight:thumb:

Work is a shit show. New OPS mgr is now the former Ops manager. He claims his PTS from his old paramedic job is overwhelming him so he did not show up and sent a "I quit text to the CEO...:oops:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Last year SS led me on a ride down Dakota Ridge that, at the time, rattled me pretty good. It was a giant strugglefest and I had yet to go back and try again.

Well, I slayed the dragon last night and sessioned the whole thing until I could ride all of the down and most of the up. Along the way I had the pleasure of running into a coworker there who it turns out shreds, so it looks like I may have also found another riding buddy for these after work jaunts.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Asymmetric wingdings! :panic:

:wave:

Skipping my run. My body is still in full wtf mode from GOG run on Wednesday. Girls are off from school, guess it's some sort of holiday? Throwing the woman-childs birthday party this afternoon because her actual birthday falls on Tuesday or something.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
after reading about mike scheidt from yob near death experience.....my life is all puppy dogs and rainbows.

and hoping HR's surgery went well and no longer has debilitating headaches.

happy fucking thoughts.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Today I begin preparations for my quaterly operational review that is scheduled for March 1st. A week and a half prep is better than my usual 2 or 3 days. My care factor is off the charts...

Earlier this week I learned our annual corporate shin dig will be at the Texas Gaylord convention center which is about as nice a place one could hope for and a sign that we have money again. The last two were held in the down town Dallas Sheraton high rise which is an aging pile of crap with super slow elevators. In 2015 waiting for the elevators took about 30 minutes during peak traffic.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Mornin!

Last year SS led me on a ride down Dakota Ridge that, at the time, rattled me pretty good. It was a giant strugglefest and I had yet to go back and try again.

Well, I slayed the dragon last night and sessioned the whole thing until I could ride all of the down and most of the up. Along the way I had the pleasure of running into a coworker there who it turns out shreds, so it looks like I may have also found another riding buddy for these after work jaunts.
Nice Timmay.
Did you get up the 'steps', at the top of zorro and the others after turning south from the saddle???
Fuck those things in particular.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Nice Timmay.
Did you get up the 'steps', at the top of zorro and the others after turning south from the saddle???
Fuck those things in particular.
Made it about 60% of the way up the steps. Got off and walked after that cause, you are right, fuck those things.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
Scored like a scoring scorer yesterday; got a pair of bnib touring bindings in a trade for a pair of my good used alpine bindings. $599 vs $229. I felt guilty but a straight up trade is all they wanted.

Inspired by Adventurous' post I may head out to Dakota Ridge today, since it's like 70 in February. It's a short but technical rip a few miles from here. Plus I worked on the start of an extension last fall which I haven't ridden yet.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
4 mile jog before work in the wind and cold, yet I overdressed. I'd have preferred to swim but I had an 8:00 meeting and had to speak in front of about 200 people and I didn't want to do that with swim goggles eyes (goggles leave rings around your eyes that make you look hungover/drugged out of your mind/150 years old).

Normally on this Friday I'd be excited about a three day holiday weekend, but the company took away President's Day starting this year. We get to use the time elsewhere, so at least I'm not losing it.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Current director pulled me into the office today re: my talk with the field director. She wants me to get system training on our other management software so that I can go do field meetings for our top client. She has confirmed that I am the only person on the team able and qualified to take these high visibility/dollar face-face client meetings. It sounds like the directors have been talking to each other on my transition to the field already and left my direct report out of the conversation. He's going to love hearing this, as I'm the only non-management person that can deal with a lot of what should be his work (complaints, campaigns, reporting, etc.)

Otherwise, meh. Haley is staying home with the in-laws today. possibly going to the zoo. I just want to go back to sleep.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Epic fail on the pooch, they haven't processed our overly long application (that we completely filled out) and obviously they won't let us alone with him until they have. We hope to visit today or tomorrow. Otherwise I am having a rescue shipped in from Texas. The dog was listed as being in Portland, he isn't, but for a "small" fee they will fly him out. I would rather fly there and drive back, but I doubt that is an option (but might look into it).

Other than that, FTS Friday is in full swing. Also food truck Friday, so there is that. I've been a penny pinching mofo, I am getting something yummy today.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
wife and kid are visiting the MIL tomorrow and are staying overnight. leaving after morning swim lessons and lunch.

coincidentally, it's going to be mid 60's and sunny tomorrow.

i was given a chore list to accomplish. i foresee it conveniently getting lost. if that's the case, i'll just have to go mountain biking.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
going to atlanta tomorrow/sunday. the kids are all fired up to see fish in cages (georgia aquarium) and horrible drinks they can make with high fructose corn syrup (world of coke). i am not. apparently we're kicking it off by going to the lego batman movie tonight.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
going to atlanta tomorrow/sunday. the kids are all fired up to see fish in cages (georgia aquarium) and horrible drinks they can make with high fructose corn syrup (world of coke). i am not. apparently we're kicking it off by going to the lego batman movie tonight.
i've heard lego batman is awesome.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That aquarium is amazing!

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Broken machines at work today. My water jet's focusing tube snap in half yesterday and the broken end is stuck in the alignment head. In the process of trying to get it out, the upper part of the head assembly broke in half. New parts will be here Monday. My 4 axis cnc"s tool collet broke while milling yesterday. Tool dropped to the bed of the machine. No parts were broken and I had a back up collet. Why do things break when I am busy? I just wanna go ride some bikes man....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
hey SS ... do you take the steep left exit line before the final switchback at the south end of D.R. proper?
Oh, fuck no. :nope:

Whole bunch of nope for me. Not a fan of bottom out onto pavement.
There's a little dip before you even get to the pavement IIRC. There are several moves on Blackjack at Buff Crik which similarly violate my "no steep-ass rollers to flat" rule.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Stubbed my toe pretty bad yesterday. Large blood blister under the nail. Looks like the weekend will include a bottle of bourbon, pliers and max volume swearing.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Whole bunch of nope for me. Not a fan of bottom out onto pavement.
Oh, fuck no. :nope:

There's a little dip before you even get to the pavement IIRC. There are several moves on Blackjack at Buff Crik which similarly violate my "no steep-ass rollers to flat" rule.
@jstuhlman : My first ride after I moved here I met some great folks while playing on DR on my Evil. Snapped a pic of Mike taking the line. (STIL, for realz)

428954452515.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I need to hit DR again, only been there once and I hadn't been on proper trails in 3 months. It was a rude awakening.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning. This week off aucked and I am looking forward to work tonight.
Looked into Verizon's new unlimited data and found even though the price is technically the same I pay it's sixty more a month. Told them not to change it so they did anyways, spent two hours on with CS fixing it. Migraine from hell yesterday, Wednesday I dared to ride after being sick and pretty sure I left a lung on the road, Monday and Tuesday I was still sick as a dog......

Tonight will be a good night

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Looked into Verizon's new unlimited data and found even though the price is technically the same I pay it's sixty more a month
i looked into it too. bunch of caveats as well:

-speed throttling after 22gigs used / cycle
-speed throttling after 10gigs used / cycle for hotspot usage
-must pay with debit or checking
-extra $10 / month if you don't sign up for autopay AND paperless billing
-corporate / employee / student / federal discounts are not applicable