Quantcast

Friday GMT (Wingding)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
ironic timing ... czech the new nate hill video on the sidebar at the top of the page -------->

(fwiw: neither nate nor fisher took the steep option in question in the video)

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Stubbed my toe pretty bad yesterday. Large blood blister under the nail. Looks like the weekend will include a bottle of bourbon, pliers and max volume swearing.
Heat a pin with a lighter, hold it in pliers, let the heat melt a tiny hole in your nail over the blood blister. Reheat needle and continue to place in same little hole until you punch through into the blood. Do not stab your toe. Works best if blood is still liquid tho...

Still drink the bourbon because drunk self surgery is best self surgery.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Sounds like @Nick is going today. Perhaps you two should buddy system it so you'll have someone to scrape you off the rocks and vice versa. ;)
Waiting on purple santa to deliver trail bike warranty rim today to hopefully re-lace it ready for weekend riding.

I took the rigid 29er down Apex earlier this week, DR might be pushing my luck a little too much ;)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
ironic timing ... czech the new nate hill video on the sidebar at the top of the page -------->

It must have cost a fortune to import and bury all of those East Coast rox.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I am supposed to be in Philly today. I got up. Got ready. Put my stuff in the car. Went inside to make coffee for the trip and snacks. I just woke up. I have no idea how that happened. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.... Fucking Magnets I suppose.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am supposed to be in Philly today. I got up. Got ready. Put my stuff in the car. Went inside to make coffee for the trip and snacks. I just woke up. I have no idea how that happened. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.... Fucking Magnets I suppose.
are you sure you didn't dream the part where you woke up and put stuff in your car?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Exi
Heat a pin with a lighter, hold it in pliers, let the heat melt a tiny hole in your nail over the blood blister. Reheat needle and continue to place in same little hole until you punch through into the blood. Do not stab your toe. Works best if blood is still liquid tho...

Pressure has been relieved through a tear in front of the nail, just not sure if there is enough viable tissue holding shit together.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Exi

Pressure has been relieved through a tear in front of the nail, just not sure if there is enough viable tissue holding shit together.
Yuck. I'd let that shit sort itself out or at least die and loosen up before I went yanking. I guess anything is reasonable with sufficient brown courage though. GLWT

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yuck. I'd let that shit sort itself out or at least die and loosen up before I went yanking. I guess anything is reasonable with sufficient brown courage though. GLWT
Last time this happened everything turned into Goo and removal surprisingly easy. Timing is a balance between pain and risk of infection.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
#buffCOsingletrack
I always find great amusement in what is called an XC bike/trail here is an all-mountain bike/trail everywhere else. There are rowdy DH trails in CA that look buff compared to some to the 2k+ climb trails here - Mountain Lion for example.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
What kind of bad ass mountain biker are you? :busted:

The nails don't have any sensation, just the flesh under them. Had to do this for a patient once and they were very, very appreciative.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Heat a hook with a lighter, hold it in pliers, let the heat melt a tiny hole in your nail over the blood blister. Reheat needle and continue to place in same little hole until you punch through into the blood. Do not stab your toe. Works best if blood is still liquid tho...

Sounds like I need to stub my toe.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

Fuck those things in particular.
...cause, you are right, fuck those things.
Those Things Which Should Get Fucked at 1:18 in the video above.

remember the first ride at White Ranch w/FT and me after you moved here? :rockout:
Ah good times. I also remember Stoney's first ride up Apex when he was visiting... we went on a Yeti Lunch ride and both got SMOKED. Maybe Stoney a bit more than me but still. Those guys charge. For reference in video above see: Fisher.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Those Things Which Should Get Fucked at 1:18 in the video above.

Ah good times. I also remember Stoney's first ride up Apex when he was visiting... we went on a Yeti Lunch ride and both got SMOKED. Maybe Stoney a bit more than me but still. Those guys charge. For reference in video above see: Fisher.
Smoked? I fell over climbing and almost died of hypoxia. Then Ross laughed at me.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Test drove an x-wing Tesla today (the 80K one, no, not in the market). had 800 HP, but had a governor at a RIDICULOUS 85mph. Still blew you back into the seats upon hard acceleration. That thing would get my license revoked in weeks. One thing though, no place to put skis...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

<------ This Czech is impressed. Great trail, great riders, great video.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
going to atlanta tomorrow/sunday. the kids are all fired up to see fish in cages (georgia aquarium) and horrible drinks they can make with high fructose corn syrup (world of coke). i am not. apparently we're kicking it off by going to the lego batman movie tonight.
don't leave out a trip to the varsity for the shittiest customer service ever....