Quantcast

Friday GMT

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It is now Friday. Why am I still awake?

Haley's new bike does not fit. She's outgrown it already. I'm trying to find a 1x1 20" mtb, but those apparently don't exist. She might be getting a mini cruiser if I can source one easily.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. 21 miles on the MTB yesterday, with wife, splat, and splat jr. My bike is badly in need of new front rings. Hopefully the Shimano tent at the bike expo today brought some. My bike used to be pretty high end, and now it's an old, outdated, obsolete, 26" wheeled dinosaur (Turner RFX)

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
meeting, then heading to durham for the wknd. unfortunately, no time for riding w/the triangle crew as days are filled with family stuff-wife's bday, a memorial service, and brunnch...ugh.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Its going to be a long hot day. temps near 100. After work I have to swing by the barn pick up my friend Pat then we will drive 3 hours in Friday night traffic to Sacramento to hook up with our wives at the horse show where it will be dusty and 100+ each day oh joy

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Food Truck Friday it is. Work day will likely be moderately busy.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. I slept like a sleepy baby last night, and my body refused to get up early to ride before work. I'll ride during the lunch break instead, rain is coming later. STOKED to finally hit Thunder with @Sandwich on Sunday.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Rain today, hope for a clear weekend. My cat has brought in a couple mice lately (she does this from time to time) but now it seems there is a mouse under the floor in the kitchen, so I am wondering if she has been catching them actually around the outside of the house vs the field nearby. Wife thought she heard it under the stove, when I pulled out the bottom drawer, there seems to be a man made hole under the cabinet with no tile and looks like no subfloor.

Jen swears she saw a mouse peek out, so I put a trap. Then last night I hear it under the floor tile in the corner between the dog door and back door. Guess I get to pull all the crap out of the closet and go under the house. I've never checked out under, I'm a little scared of what I'll find. The house is 15 years old, so no telling.

Other than that, taking Lil Man into the woods for the weekend. Should be a good time with the fam.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dropping bikes is a thing.
Some of them are pretty buff, the Surly is crazy (also $urly), the ventura kit has all the switch gear needs and is also quite stout.

But I swore there were a couple 1x1 20's, let me look...

Cannondale Trail 20 for the ladies.

Co-op Cycles (REI) Rev 20 (boys and girls)

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Drool....http://www.mrpbike.com/rustler/

Designed for: 20" MTB & Recumbent
The Rustler delivers BIG performance in a TINY package. You no longer have to wait until your child can ride a 24" or 26" bike to give them the control and enhanced enjoyment delivered by high-end suspension! The disc-only Rustler provides 80mm of air-sprung travel and is designed for 20" wheeled mountain bikes and recumbents. Featuring the same hand-built craftsmanship and proven technology found in our bigger forks, the Rustler is a durable and dependable piece of kit.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
HAPPY FRIDAYYYYYYYY!

But holy crap is it humid here today. Up north of the city there was a foggy haze out over the farm fields. Down here in the city there is a similar haze, but probably due to pollution.

I have to go out into the factory now for a while. Fuck. Should have worn swim shorts to work, its going to be Africa hot in there.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Tired. Just tired and fried. I need like 2 weeks off to do what I want. Luckily I'll be flying to Vietnam in a few weeks, that'll surely help!

The house next door to me is on the market for $350K. I knew the market was hot around here but hot diggity damn.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
All the last details on the house went through today and we take procession on June 30th. I am super happy. Tons of space, a yard and a fucking basement for my bikes and workshop. Its really a dream come through. Even has its own parking space and garage which for a New Yorker is a real luxury.

First week on the job was great too. I could not be more happy with the company and the people.

@Toshi safe to say this is the official SOC!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Filling out urologist questionnaire for my visit on Monday. I'm going in for a bladder infection, and they asked me more questions about the condition of my hog and the slop troughs it feeds at than anything else.

Q - Do you have normal erections?
A - No. They are weird as fvk.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
All the last details on the house went through today and we take procession on June 30th. I am super happy. Tons of space, a yard and a fucking basement for my bikes and workshop. Its really a dream come through. Even has its own parking space and garage which for a New Yorker is a real luxury.

First week on the job was great too. I could not be more happy with the company and the people.

@Toshi safe to say this is the official SOC!
congrats. you are the Dutch Master!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Jesus Christ, I don't know how you Denver people do it. 2 hours to get from the house to the airport yesterday afternoon. If I had to drive in that traffic everyday I'd have put a gun to my head years ago.

The good news is, wife is now home and I have a collection of duty free Scotch and Icelandic liqueurs for the near future.