Quantcast

=> Friday GTM live from Cph =>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Last day home hopefully. Was at the doctor this morning and everything is healing fine so I should be back at work Monday. Brewing coffee, the sun is shining and it should be a good day.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

My supervisor actually took work load OFF of me yesterday in our team meeting. I'm stunned, shocked, and stoked. I was trying to manage all custom sign projects and an entire national re-brand of 285 locations for Blimpie's Subs, and losing my ever-loving mind in the process. I will name my next child after her.

I've gotta get the steering rack back in the Subaru, so I may be under the car for most of the weekend. It came out fairly easily, so the law of averages says putting it back will undoubtedly not be.

Y'all go be the excellent human being example everyone tries to emulate.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Meh... pre-travel insanity at work today; trying to line everything up to run smoothly while I'm out.

On the upside, I'm on a plane to Seattle tomorrow, a bit of hiking around Mt Rainier on Sunday, then on to Yakima to select hops.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Granite is in.

Also had a dream last night that I pooped in the bed a little bit. It was so realistic that I woke up to check and make sure I hadn't. Even if I had, in my dream state I worked out that I was going to blame it on the dog.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Meh... pre-travel insanity at work today; trying to line everything up to run smoothly while I'm out.

On the upside, I'm on a plane to Seattle tomorrow, a bit of hiking around Mt Rainier on Sunday, then on to Yakima to select hops.
Make more blizzard of hops this year plz

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
This happened last night:

Took the better part of 6 hours to get done, but it's done and aside from a really wrinkled engine deck lid stripe it looks great. Hopefully VW is stoked on it for their media event next week in CA.

And just in case you were wondering, you can still buy an awesome Class 11 themed shirt that helps us out a bit until midnight ET wink wink nudge nudge...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

Hey man! I took my trip early and am back around... it's perfect weather and the trails are rippin. What's size bike do you ride?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wow you have build Herbie!

This happened last night:

Took the better part of 6 hours to get done, but it's done and aside from a really wrinkled engine deck lid stripe it looks great. Hopefully VW is stoked on it for their media event next week in CA.

And just in case you were wondering, you can still buy an awesome Class 11 themed shirt that helps us out a bit until midnight ET wink wink nudge nudge...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
You guys have any experience with the Singletrack App? Any good trail map apps or websites out there?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
TGI(mf)F

Long couple of weeks, sheesh. Hope to get in a couple of rides and some much needed R&R this weekend.
I got a car with a shuttle rack. I'll let you know when I'm leaving the 'hood and heading up. You tell me when you want to ride.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Work. Probably working this weekend, but I get to drive @Nick up a few hills, so that's awesome.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Attention Honda Accord driver:

If a bicyclist is legally crossing the street onto which you're trying to turn right, then what you should do is step on the wide pedal and stop your car.

What you shouldn't do is tap the brake, think twice, then gun it, mouthing "sorry" as you whiz by a few feet in front of the cyclist.

You may be sorry, but you're also being an asshole. Don't be an asshole.

Sincerely,

-the cyclist in question

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Attention Honda Accord driver:

If a bicyclist is legally crossing the street onto which you're trying to turn right, then what you should do is step on the wide pedal and stop your car.

What you shouldn't do is tap the brake, think twice, then gun it, mouthing "sorry" as you whiz by a few feet in front of the cyclist.

You may be sorry, but you're also being an asshole. Don't be an asshole.

Sincerely,

-the cyclist in question
Do what I do. At least one middle finger and swear loudly. Bonus points if you can kick the car when it goes by. Or, be smart about it and don't cause a public confrontation.

Graveyards are full of people who had the right-of-way. Careful out there Doc.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I've got a lot of learning to do. Fawk this is taking a while. I had an awesome ride last night and a bunch of my friends are riding again too. Heading to ride again on Sunday too. My vehicle hitch arrives today so now I don't have to put my bike in the trunk anymore.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Hey man! I took my trip early and am back around... it's perfect weather and the trails are rippin. What's size bike do you ride?
Not sure I have time for a ride this trip, we're only in the valley for 2 days. :(
I heard a lot of good things about Tamales Express from our last crew that came out. Thanks for the tip.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
New gig confirms all designers are bitchy little whiney babies. Suck it up princesses. :rofl:

In Boulderlandia news, last night saw a hobo riding an old school stump jumper, with all his worldly possessions strapped to it, rocking a Chris King headset. lulz

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holy balls is it hot out...

Something is wrong with my Fox 40. Shit feels locked up going over braking bumps and Pitter patter stuff. It still moves but feels horrible, can feel it causing my front wheel pushing in turns too. Hmmm. :brow:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Feeling moar defeated than usual, today. Fleeing the office at lunch in hopes to escape the world as fast as the commuter bus will carry me.

The wife has decided that Abbey is "my" dog because dog. She wants her own "dog" now and it looks like another midget Boston will likely be purchased. I get it, she misses her purse dog. Abbey is too rough and tumble for her, but she is perfect for me.