Quantcast

#%# Friday in memoriam #%#

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
swervedriver tonight in atlanta....playing first two records.....will ask adam or jimmy for this as an encore....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Is he actually dead?

Holy fuck balls, this weekend looks absolutely AMAZEBALLS for some AMAZEBALLS biking. Weather is going to perfect. Trails will be dusty....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Morning, I could have used more sleep but too late to worry about it now. After yeasterdays traffic nightmare I am really hoping for the normal Friday Lite pattern. My legs are tired from 5 nights in a row of hour long interval training on the spin bike.

My coffee is attempting to do its thing. I give it about five minutes before it really kicks into gear. this is good .....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

First step towards the post travel travel era installed last night. Got a Dometic fridge/freezer that now resides in the back of my truck. Independent fridge and freezer sections, 61L capacity. The Yeti cooler is nice, but its no fridge/freezer.

RIP Stink :(

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
RIP Stink, you were an interesting dude. :(

Morning Monkeys.

FTS Friday in full swing. Meeting after lunch, then a whole lot of nothing. Hope to duck out a bit early and the wife and I will pack the truck and head north to some random spot along the Washington coast and pitch a tent for a couple days. She and I both need a break from the house. While I do love me some Lil Man time, it will be a nice break.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Mornin!

First step towards the post travel travel era installed last night. Got a Dometic fridge/freezer that now resides in the back of my truck. Independent fridge and freezer sections, 61L capacity. The Yeti cooler is nice, but its no fridge/freezer.

RIP Stink :(
What model is that and what is the power draw? The wife was talking about doing a box truck/van conversion after seeing a setup my buddy built. But that would be awesome for truck camping.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
The weather is stellar here rn. saw a show outside last nite and didnt want to go back inside. camping this weekend, either in the comanche range, near guanella pass or up by Rollins pass. The girl wants to go near BV and the collegiates but I dont want to drive that far for 1 nite.

Wait, stinky too?
wtf?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wait, stinky too?
wtf?
He took himself out last year. He and I had been talking quite a bit and he seemed like he was doing alright. But I think something might have happened at work that pushed him over the edge. I'll never forget the call from GFF about it.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There are days I miss the eager engineer I once was willing to take on the insane challenge. Every now and again I get an email that I just wish I had the guts and flexibility to reach for. But so many of these have fizzled over the years I can't even imagine. But it is still cool for folks to reach out based on my background.

I wanted to reach out about an cutting edge software engineering opportunity available in Denver, Colorado with a client of ours working on innovative Connected Vehicles IoT technology. This team is looking to add an Embedded Engineer to their team who has experience with, and an understanding of, the security risks and vulnerabilities that exist in embedded code, as well as how to account for them.
Pay me to hack cars, awesome. :rofl:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
He took himself out last year. He and I had been talking quite a bit and he seemed like he was doing alright. But I think something might have happened at work that pushed him over the edge. I'll never forget the call from GFF about it.
fucking a
when i first moved to vegas we chatted a bit & i was supposed to go hang with him since we were so close. never did

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
What model is that and what is the power draw? The wife was talking about doing a box truck/van conversion after seeing a setup my buddy built. But that would be awesome for truck camping.
Dometic CFX-65DZ. Average power draw is 1 amp hour according to their literature. The nice thing is that it has a three setting low voltage shutoff, so you don't have to worry about killing your starter battery. It also can accept 110V if you have a generator or solar input if you have panels. Supposedly they are pretty energy efficient all things considered.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I carted the elder child off to school in the electric trike, and then continued on into work. I was hoping to have a meeting early and then pop out to go climbing but instead it looks like I'll do some work, have the meeting over/after lunch, and delay my climbing until the afternoon. Life is tough.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning, ten days off is over. Chasing animals and taking my bow for a walk around the mountains was pretty awesome. Just totalled up my milage since last Friday morning and I missed my goal of 100 miles by one mile. Four fantastic encounters with elk and one blown shot(my fault). Couple encounters trying to get in on spooky deer that for one reason or another failed. I do however have a freezer full of blue grouse at this point and time.

Full recap
Friday.... 11 miles scouting for elk trail/sign and deciding where to go.
Saturday...24 miles total, shot was blown on a 35 yard shot eleven miles into the day. After that shot, a giant bull ran almost right to me ten minutes later..... Also blown opportunity when I dropped the arrow. Detoured back to camp popping grouse along the way.
Sunday...17 miles starting across the ridge. Chased elk for about five of those. Ended up about 20 yards out. Ended up not even drawing the bow due to knowing there would be no way to pack out from where I was. Same thing detoured the way back to camp picking off grouse along the way.
Got back to camp and decided that with the lightning I was seeing it was time to leave. Packed up and headed home.
Monday... Woke up to a report that a fire did in fact start on loco mountain in the crazies. Was glad I headed out. 14 miles in the bridges. One stalk first thing and not one sound or sighting the rest of the hike. Ended up in the treestand for the evening till I was overheated and ran out of water.
Tuesday... Headed back to the crazies to try after the deer I had seen the previous morning. Got set up in a tree someone had already hollowed out as a ground blind. Two black bear mosied past about 0800 and left. Deer started my way about 0930 and turned the wrong way. Tried to get a stall in and failed. On the way out, ran into one of the earlier mentioned bears. He decided he wanted to be aggressive at the last minute. He got sprayed, I may have needed new shorts. Moved locations and totalled out another 12 miles.
Wednesday... Headed for South cottonwood trail. Found elk again about six miles in, tracked and attempted to get close enough for a little over a mile. Wind finally shifted enough the ran off and gone. Totalled the day with another 14 miles. Would have been more but it started raining.
Thursday... Went after tueaday's deer and bear. Friend has a tag for the bear so he wanted a go at it. We're close but never had in sight. Deer ended up walking right to the truck on the entry trail while we were out. Moved to a secret little spot of mine, friend and I both said we didn't want to hike up hills, not get wet. Heard and smelled elk, so we ended up chasing. It ended up raining. We gave Chase for almost four miles before the elk spooked and ran off public land. Ended up finishing out the day completely soaked and at seven miles.

Was a great way to spend a week.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Dometic CFX-65DZ. Average power draw is 1 amp hour according to their literature. The nice thing is that it has a three setting low voltage shutoff, so you don't have to worry about killing your starter battery. It also can accept 110V if you have a generator or solar input if you have panels. Supposedly they are pretty energy efficient all things considered.

Your units are confusing. It appears the rated power draw is 65 watts. Probably why it has a 65 in the model number.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Your units are confusing. It appears the rated power draw is 65 watts. Probably why it has a 65 in the model number.
1A at 65V, duh. All bro-trucks have 5.5 12V batteries wired in series.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
The 65 in the model name, according to their literature, is the gross volume with the storage volume of the fridge being 42L and the freezer 19L.

They also give the energy draw at 69 kWh/annum.

This is also part of the reason I'm a Mechanical Engineer. Electricity is death magic.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The 65 in the model name, according to their literature, is the gross volume with the storage volume of the fridge being 42L and the freezer 19L.

They also give the energy draw at 69 kWh/annum.

This is also part of the reason I'm a Mechanical Engineer. Electricity is death magic.
V= IR
For DC current Power = I V
For single phase AC power = I V * .707

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
friggin windohs

reg query HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\FF5559DB6B3C4564EB494C3EDE7D132D\SourceList\Net /v 1 | findstr ".*dingus01.*"

if %errorlevel%==0 goto UpdateRegistry else goto end

:UpdateRegistry

reg add HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\FF5559DB6B3C4564EB494C3EDE7D132D\SourceList\Net /v 1 /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "\\dingus02\MSM\Software Distribution Point\WebEx\Webex Meeting Center Application For IE\\" /f