Quantcast

#%# Friday in memoriam #%#

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

It's pretty awesome for carting the kids around. They love it. The electric assist basically takes the extra bulk of the trike away--just feels like pedaling a regular bike along, more or less.
Dooood, so much photoshop potential with that shot. Do you have another one with the whole bike in frame ?

Oh please, please, please...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Dooood, so much photoshop potential with that shot. Do you have another one with the whole bike in frame ?

Oh please, please, please...
Hucking the gnar in sandals, eh? Sorry, that's the only one my wife snapped that has me on it. Others are just the naked trike.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru

It's pretty awesome for carting the kids around. They love it. The electric assist basically takes the extra bulk of the trike away--just feels like pedaling a regular bike along, more or less.
which one you got?
I sometimes take my kid around in a bike trailer; and now I have another due for next month.... electric assist could be helpful in the near future considering the trend in my reproductive habits.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Hahahaha!!! I just did a fuel pump replacement and had the old sending unit in a box. One of the service writers caught a wiff and called the Gas company. We were evacuated for 40 minutes.

Should have waited till closer to end of day to guarantee early dismissal....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
which one you got?
I sometimes take my kid around in a bike trailer; and now I have another due for next month.... electric assist could be helpful in the near future considering the trend in my reproductive habits.
That's a Taga 2.0 with the electric option. Non-electric has a 3-speed Nexus hub. Electric has a hub motor with a single speed freewheel… so I had to regear it for reasonable non-old-woman speeds. Since I spent more of the day at work than I'd planned I'm going to go pick up the 4.5 year old in it as well. She'll be over the moon.

only fitting the cassini spacecraft chose this day to dive bomb saturn.....fanks for the pics cassini.

edit: tomorrow
Was today: https://twitter.com/NASA/status/908661580354613249

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Afternoon! Was invited back to be the guest of honor at a Seahawks rally tradition I created at the old job. I miss all those folks. Having a hard time remembering why I left again... Maybe something will open up. You never know. The old boss did offer to pass on my resume to some of her buddies in the industry as well... we shall see.

Been watching these two little hummingbirds most of the day. They seem to have taken up residence in my tomato plants... they are super precious... never seen them sit still for so long... how am I supposed to get in there and pick tomatoes now though!?

RIP Stinky

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ended up having a two hour meeting with my new section head, the guy I helped recruit from UW. This was a good thing in that I am being more involved but bad in that I didn't climb today.

Now waiting to pick up elder child-beast from school. Got here too early and have to listen to a piece of shit EVO idle noisily 150 ft away. Ah, he just shut it off.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Test drove trucks. I liked the Ford. Actually I liked the Ridgeline. 150k miles, 7 years old, $13K no way it's not that nice....

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
What drinks go best with chili? From scratch. With tomatoes and hot peppers from the garden and spicy sausage. And cornbread. K thanks!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
People across the street put a nice wicker and steel frame patio set (two chairs, double seat and glass top coffee table) out to the curb. In excellent shape except for two arms, which I can find a way to fix or re-weave. Totally sniped it from my actual neighbor. Oops. Oh well, its new outdoor bong shed seats for me.

In other news, the shop welded my Banshee in three spots. The damn thing is still creaking. I'm guessing its the fork...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Short ride this evening before rain, then Indian dinner with some extra chili puree on the side. :cupidarrow:
Now drinking Solar Plexus, a fine boozy NE DIPA. :cheers:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
People across the street put a nice wicker and steel frame patio set (two chairs, double seat and glass top coffee table) out to the curb. In excellent shape except for two arms, which I can find a way to fix or re-weave. Totally sniped it from my actual neighbor. Oops. Oh well, its new outdoor bong shed seats for me.

In other news, the shop welded my Banshee in three spots. The damn thing is still creaking. I'm guessing its the fork...

Those welds don't look like they have enough (hehe) penetration.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
holy sweat puddles Batman...Just did 35 minutes of hell on the wind trainer. 4 minutes of high rpm at a medium resistance then one minute all out at max resistance out of the saddle effort. I repeated the cycle to anaerobic fatigue which occurred at 35 minutes then i did a 15 minute walking cool down.. my body is still a bit shaky... booya

You forgot to put welded in quotes.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Ended up going with Tanq and Tonic--it was the extra lime juice that made it awesomest... if I'd had enough lines, I would have gone with the tequila/margarita option for sure!