Quantcast

Friday Trackday

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Made it from Denver to Flagstaff in 14 hours yesterday. We could have been more efficient, but got gas at Costco, had lunch at Whole Foods, stopped at almost every rest area to pee, etc.

The Ramada in Flagstaff is... Bad. My bed was clearly just folded back to "made". There is a sleeping drool spot and the sheets are unsettled like someone has been sleeping in them. I was hoping not to fully empty the car, but we were solicited by meth heads for cash twice while checking in. I'll be reaching out to corporate today once we get to the track. I am staying at another Wyndham for two days in Phoenix and then another in Flagstaff on the way home. I already changed the hotel on the way home to a La Quinta to get away from this area.

Two days of training and a day of racing starts in a few hours once we get to Phoenix.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Man - it's windy as hell out there!

bozNn6c.gif

Just read on Vital e-MTB that a business down the road - DRUMPF / TRUMPF / Donnie Darko My Dad would have known... anyways - they have a contract with Intense. Just what the world needs.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well Darth Blader the snow plow has been removed from the ditch, but for some reason didn't continue with plowing our roads.

So now it looks like Plowy McPlowface is making their way through the hood.

1708091562806.png

Friggin work, lets GET R DONE

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Made it from Denver to Flagstaff in 14 hours yesterday. We could have been more efficient, but got gas at Costco, had lunch at Whole Foods, stopped at almost every rest area to pee, etc.

The Ramada in Flagstaff is... Bad. My bed was clearly just folded back to "made". There is a sleeping drool spot and the sheets are unsettled like someone has been sleeping in them.
This is why I built a van. I know exactly who’s been sleeping ‘drooling’ in my bed. I honestly would always get the hibi jibis about hotel beds when I used to travel for work.

Anyway off to meet my buddy at Kanuga Bike park to rip some laps. Supposed to be 60.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This is why I built a van. I know exactly who’s been sleeping ‘drooling’ in my bed. I honestly would always get the hibi jibis about hotel beds when I used to travel for work.

Anyway off to meet my buddy at Kanuga Bike park to rip some laps. Supposed to be 60.
Stoney could get an old school bus pretty cheap and convert it

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
One of the hostels I stayed at was on the sketchy side. Port-a-potties because flush toilets didn’t work, expired dates on resupply food, and the laundry was a washboard with soap made from bar soap chunks dissolved in water. When I got home from my hike I started reading comments online about said hostel. One said that he overheard the manager tell a worker not to change the sheets unless they smelled bad.

Definitely avoiding that hostel this year.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

The siren song of new tools is calling. Trying to resist, but resistance is futile.

But for now I'm hanging out on the couch working while the wee one watches Winnie the Pooh. Not bad at all.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I've been quietly tracking the energy drinks my coworker sucks down all day and it appears he consumes well over a full gram of caffeine (1.2-1.4 grams depending) and god knows how much sugar during our shift. I feel like we aren't supposed to have that much caffeine but I am not a caffeine scientist.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
howdy all

made it 1/4 mile or so from my house on my bike and the noped right out and grabbed car keys. temp was fine--28--but the 1/4" of watery snow on top of the pavement was as slick as snot. ain't nobody got time to fall down and hurt an elbow or knee

so now I'm at work dressed up like a construction worker

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Not sure quite what I did, but I put my dev machine into a funky state and I just got here 45 minutes ago. Not a good start to my day. Or s fantastic start if you consider that is my job and stuff. But this late in the game it shouldn't happen this easy.

Again, I should have called in.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Morning Monkeys.

Not sure quite what I did, but I put my dev machine into a funky state and I just got here 45 minutes ago. Not a good start to my day. Or s fantastic start if you consider that is my job and stuff. But this late in the game it shouldn't happen this easy.

Again, I should have called in.
I constantly iterate to my QA group that their role isn't to prove that something works, it's to prove that it doesn't.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
On day 3 of head cold. I feel like poo. At least the recent white powder dusting has brought all riding/digging to a full stop. Hopefully when it decides to melt off I'll be feeling like my regular old self.

@stoney you can do it!

bus4.jpg

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I constantly iterate to my QA group that their role isn't to prove that something works, it's to prove that it doesn't.
It's often both. I generally like to prove that requirements are met before I show that expectations are not. But yeah, breaking it is often easier.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I've been quietly tracking the energy drinks my coworker sucks down all day and it appears he consumes well over a full gram of caffeine (1.2-1.4 grams depending) and god knows how much sugar during our shift. I feel like we aren't supposed to have that much caffeine but I am not a caffeientist.
A 16oz Monster is only 163mg. My coffee is over 200mg per 16oz cup and I drink 2 of those a day before my 1 Monster. My diet soda is 90mg and I usually drink at least one of those, too. But I'm still not to a full gram. I need to step up my game.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
rode last night. didn't feel great, but didn't feel like ass either. clearing some sort of residual lung butter this morning though. and feeling a little stiff.

I think I will go buy a kettlebell today. I started incorporating some swings in my daily back exercises routine, and I think they helped a lot. but lashing three dumbbells together with a couple of belts is a disaster waiting to happen...

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
stationary bike 12.25 miles this AM

trying to be productive at work before having a four day weekend that includes a brief Vermont visit to @JBP and my mom.

hopefully getting my car back today with new steering u-joint, trailer hitch, and the dealer picking up half the cost of steering repair #fingerscrossed (if this doesn't happen, then the Vermont trip becomes challenging).

maybe rescuing some rough sawn teak, rosewood, ash lumber from a dead relative's place also...

and it's wimdy, cold, sunny today here in the beantown area.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Slept in a bit. Did some work. Hanging with/helping wife. Kids are out of school today and Monday. Taking things day by day...

Y u no rock creek? I went to Kanuga once before rock creek opened, but heck no I'm not paying a decent amount of $ and not be shuttled to the top. And unless you want a few jumps, there are trails just as good to ride for free all around the area, imo. I don't get the appeal of Kanuga, but to each their own, I guess...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Man - it's windy as hell out there!

View attachment 207832

Just read on Vital e-MTB that a business down the road - DRUMPF / TRUMPF / Donnie Darko My Dad would have known... anyways - they have a contract with Intense. Just what the world needs.

I used to sell/support 6000 Watt CO2 oscillators to Trumpf for laser cutting machines.

pew pew pew

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I used to sell/support 6000 Watt CO2 oscillators to Trumpf for laser cutting machines.

pew pew pew
We have some Trumpf machines in this building. Not sure what they are though, but they don't contain any fancy lasers or cats.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We have some Trumpf machines in this building. Not sure what they are though, but they don't contain any fancy lasers or cats.
I think they specialize in sheet metal cutting and forming machines, so punch presses and similar machines are within their portfolio. I actually worked with a subsidiary they had purchased in Buffalo and may have sold off since then.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I think they specialize in sheet metal cutting and forming machines, so punch presses and similar machines are within their portfolio. I actually worked with a subsidiary they had purchased in Buffalo and may have sold off since then.
We had a few on the forming line at Nosler, way too much power for what was needed but they would last longer and were more durable as a result, the only drawback was the tooling would absolutely explode when there was a mishap since the machine had so much tonnage.