Quantcast

-- Friday's Ride/Activity Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Does anyone else see the irony in the fact that the laziest person on the boards starts the daily activity thread every day?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I joined a gym yesterday!! I Cant slack on the cardio with Old Pueblo coming up!

I got a killer deal, normally its $444 or $564 (includes classes) yearly but they were doing a members friends & family special, so the current memeber I know receceived a free month, and I paid $124 for the $564 member ship :D :D

the place has spinning class (ofcourse that is the only class thats costs extra $, 5 bucks) and its membership is maybe 2/3rds or 3/4th female :D :D :D

I am pretty sure I saw my 2nd wife.............and maybe my 3rd, and definitely a few chicks to have affairs with! ha ha

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
That's an awesome deal you got on the membership, Doug. MBC and I pay more than $124 per month. :rolleyes:

Yesterday was a rest day, but I did get a lot of chores done around the house. Less crap to do this weekend now. :) Today I will go to the gym and work shoulders.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
holy crap people... what the hell kind of gyms are you joining??? Those classes better be taught by the playboy bunnies with lots of free "services".

I'll probably join a gym after the new year. If I join the gym here on campus, it's $65 per semester, though the facilities are kind of limited. If I join a "real" gym, it's $99 a year. The only thing they don't have is a pool.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I am not what is more shocking $99 a year or $124/month for 2 people!!!

If I had the dough I would have joined the new YMCA..advantages would be closer, has a pool, & a running track...but its over $600/year

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
jacksonpt said:
holy crap people... what the hell kind of gyms are you joining??? Those classes better be taught by the playboy bunnies with lots of free "services".
HA! Spinning class with free happy ending.

J

JRB

I am gonna ride tonight. Julie and I plan to join a gym the city owns. It's our old racquet club with all new stuff. Still has courts and all and is like $180 a year for the 2 of us. I though about trying to get them to allow me to offer spin classes with peeps bringing their trainers and bikes. I would use Spinerval tapes. That wouldn't be illegal if it were free and I just used my own tapes for no profit would it??? Isn't that lame that I even have to think about copyright for this??

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
I am not what is more shocking $99 a year or $124/month for 2 people!!!

If I had the dough I would have joined the new YMCA..advantages would be closer, has a pool, & a running track...but its over $600/year
IAB and MBCs gym is a swanky health club in Avon, CT - where you can't even wear a tank top or anything - very high brow clientelle you know. ;)
:D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
IAB and MBC - I would like to try a spinning class sometime - can I come as a guest to your swanky club? ;)
I am sure we can score you a guest pass free of charge. :) Don't expect to see any hotties in there though (except MBC of course :) )

By the way, the clientelle is definitely a higher-income crowd, but most of them are in terrible shape and don't know jack about gym etiquette. MBC and I actually enjoyed Powerhouse better. However, given the choice between Healthtrax and Big Sky, we chose Healthtrax because Big Sky is too Bally's-like. Healthtrax is cool because only a few people use the weight room. Any other gym yields a HUGE post-work crowd in the weight room.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
My ride last night was commical. Riding in one of my first night rides in slop and snot covered roots was 'interesting' :o:

Evergrey

Chimp
Jul 2, 2004
Good ol' Rochester
Mtbkngrl said:
Did a very cool Urban ride with Squid, but realized what a CrapHole Rochester is becoming............. :confused:
DHOAH!!!!!
I didn't go cause it started raining/snowing on my driveway, so I figured no one else would go. I had no way to get ahold of Mtbkngrl or squid to ask if they were still going.
Was there reason to celebrate?