Quantcast

-- Friday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I got my crap in my truck just in case the rain holds off long enough to ride after work. Weekend looks to be a washout.

I went and looked at a Giant OCR3 yesterday on my lunch break - nice bike, but didn't seem to fit me that well... Specialized Allez is next on my list. I really want a Cannondale R700, but there's no way I'm going to be able to scrape together that kind of money for a road bike ($1300).

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
road ride, I have a short (14.5 mile) road loop from my house.......took me a little longer than last time, maybe twice as long............I flatted with 3 miles left to go :mumble:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
jacksonpt said:
I got my crap in my truck just in case the rain holds off long enough to ride after work. Weekend looks to be a washout.
Same here. I've been waiting all day to take the new bike out to a local DS run and the rain clouds were waiting and waiting and waiting but no rain.
As soon as I leave work it's like a freakin monsoon.

Even mother nature hates me. :nopity:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Did some trail maintenance. Just kind of connected the dots so to speak. Cleared Jesus of all the downed logs if anyone cares. Trails around here are in excellent shape heading into the winter all things considered. A wet summers impact was greatly reduced by having less riders on the trails. Kind of cool how that worked out. Should be interesting to see how some of the badly eroded sections fare this winter. Folks should learn to control your bikes so you don't have to ****en skid on the downhills. Saw plenty of folks nightriding. Kind of cool to see. I will ride plenty this weekend if the weather holds out.....jdcamb

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
jacksonpt said:

I went and looked at a Giant OCR3 yesterday on my lunch break - nice bike, but didn't seem to fit me that well... Specialized Allez is next on my list. I really want a Cannondale R700, but there's no way I'm going to be able to scrape together that kind of money for a road bike ($1300).
I found that going out on my 575 is so comfortable for long rides, it gives me another reason NOT to buy a road bike.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Instigator said:
I found that going out on my 575 is so comfortable for long rides, it gives me another reason NOT to buy a road bike.
Yea... I've done a couple 4 hour + rides on the 575 this year, but I want to start riding to work, I want to ride to my dad's house in PA, and I want to be able to ride without having to worry about trail conditions. Oh, and I want to do a century ride too.

Trail riding will always be my preference, but I think I could get into the roadie scene too.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Did a ride at lunch - it was so pretty out. The snowfall the local mountains got is so shocking to see when I look out on the horizon...I'm still getting used to that.