Quantcast

-- Friday's Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I'm home sick again today, so no riding for me. If I'm feeling ok, I may take the dogs for an easy hike this afternoon. Anyone got any big riding plans for the weekend?

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
It's sunny and warm out. Why the hell am I at work? I should quit. No riding tonight, must eat at inlaws house. This weekend, if it's anything weather wise like today, is gonna rule.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
jacksonpt said:
I'm home sick again today, so no riding for me. If I'm feeling ok, I may take the dogs for an easy hike this afternoon. Anyone got any big riding plans for the weekend?
Kickin' out of work early to get the new cross bike dirty for the first time.
It's a fairly easy local trail,m but I've never been off road on a coss bike before, so it should be fun.

splat

Nam I am
did a Kick ass , nitght ride last night ! started out as 6 but 2 did bail after a litlte over an hour.

had some lighting issues , I burned outthe switch on my head lamp ( 28 watt Bulb ) so I pulled out my Backup/emergency light ( 5w ) and did the rest of the ride with it.
plus one of the guys had a HID so if you stayed near him you were golden.

didn't get much in the way of pictures, but here is one of JustBill on his 1st night ride.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
splat said:
tuesday Night! were a going ! then just blow off work the day before Turkey day there won't be too many people there anyway.
I can't blow off work next Wednesday! It's a holiday pay day and I am the payroll manager! :p

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
Went for an amazing night ride last night. First experience ever, and it was the one of, if not the best rides I've had all year.

Mackie, have fun with 'cross bike tonite. They come alive in the dirt. I actually prefer it unless it's real techical.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
As Nate said, we had a kick ass night ride last night. I felt like I could have gone for another couple hours. The trails were perfect and it was warm and not raining. The area has lots of pine trees so there weren't too many leaves, which made for some sweet singlespeed conditions. If only every ride could kick that much ass :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My hardtail is making its annual winter transition into a singlespeed this weekend. The weather is likely to suck but I don't care, I'm going to ride anyway.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Mackie said:
Kickin' out of work early to get the new cross bike dirty for the first time.
It's a fairly easy local trail,m but I've never been off road on a coss bike before, so it should be fun.
Sweet! How's the baby Mackie??

T-Blazer

Monkey
Jun 8, 2004
rochester,ny
Echo said:
As Nate said, we had a kick ass night ride last night. I felt like I could have gone for another couple hours. The trails were perfect and it was warm and not raining. The area has lots of pine trees so there weren't too many leaves, which made for some sweet singlespeed conditions. If only every ride could kick that much ass :thumb:
last nite simply ROCKED!!!!

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
Sweet! How's the baby Mackie??
Keepin me awake at night.
She's sweet though. 2 months old last week so she's starting to be more interactive.
My wife has not yet caught on that my "playtime" with little Sophia is actually a tightly coordinated neck muscle workout routine, so that she can support the weight of her head + a helmet early next season :sneaky:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Mackie said:
Keepin me awake at night.
She's sweet though. 2 months old last week so she's starting to be more interactive.
My wife has not yet caught on that my "playtime" with little Sophia is actually a tightly coordinated neck muscle workout routine, so that she can support the weight of her head + a helmet early next season :sneaky:
Sophia has a smart but conniving Dad then! Good on ya Mackie! Get her ready early!!